• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9 : Reds v Highlanders

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Strange game so far. Looks like two battling teams. Reds going to the strengths.

Officiating the ruck is pure luck it seems.

What’s with the short kicking coming back. Chipping sucks.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reds are looking short on ideas this first half, and Highlanders are looking like they've got no idea. Hope it smartens up later in the game.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Impressed with the workmate of Cormac Daly so far.

Not sure Lynagh's been overly impressive with some of his kicking.

The Reds doing what they need to control this game.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It must be hard being a Highlanders supporter atm. They looked promising in their opening games, even that loss against the Blues and just have looked worst each week since.

Wallabies

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think after this win for aus side (hopefully) this will put aus teams over nz teams this season? As in we have one more games between the two sides

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Man the reds have choked the highlanders harder than a teen chokes his salami.

Wasn't pretty but well constructed win.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Top notch D from the Reds. A properly professional performance

Conversely, a shower of shit from the Landers.

Really missing Hugh Renton Dirty Vids.

Schoolboy handling errors.

Myopically trucking it up into traffic for zero gain. Over and over again. It was boring and it was dumb.

No wonder Pari Pari Pantsface got the hook at HT. Utterly, utterly hopeless. 6 foot 12" and on D he just walks around looking at rucks. He can join T.Tupou on The All Airport XV

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
My oh my. Back to the direct style they played in first 3 rounds and it works!

Good reward for Suli who made a big contribution as a senior player to finish with a try. John Bryant very good. Paisami MOM.