• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 360 - Foxsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I wouldn't have thought there was enough fresh content for AFL and NRL supporters to sustain 3-4 nights a week, but there you go.
AFL 360 is usually the top rating show on fox during the week. To keep that going, they will make enough content if they have to

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I wouldn't have thought there was enough fresh content for AFL and NRL supporters to sustain 3-4 nights a week, but there you go.

Of course there is. They need to know what each player had for breakfast, what the said to their partners before going to training. Their opinion on the weather today. I'm only half kidding here. During my time in WA every night without fail they'd drag out both the Eagles and Dockers captains to talk about the day. Every single day.

The_Wookie

Chris McKivat (8)

Doesnt stop there either. Nightly news on AFL Tonight, Open Mike (interview series), On the Couch (more serious discussion), League Teams, all get you through the week.

If it was an 18 Australian team comp they could provide content for five four nights easily.

Absolutely. Plus you need the backing of a media who make mountains out of every molehill - whether good or bad.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Pretty disappointing at what has happened. Why only 30 minutes now?

I cant see why it is not possible to have a 60 minute show on each Test match.

10 minute intro, 15 minutes with coaches, 15 minutes with journos, 10 minutes with players, 10 minute outro.

It would not be hard to fill the show, even look at other Tests and maybe have a former Ref to analyse decisions.

I am pretty upset at the change as I generally like the show as it was

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Had a squiz at Maloney's gig recently. Got me thinking about sports shows on TV, came to the conclusion what I like is to be informed, most importantly, and then entertained without distracting from the informing bit. For Rugby 360 to be sliced to 30 minutes is regrettable, there's now bugger all comment on matches immediately past and future, so such for informing the masses! And this week I noticed there was no journo section, que? Maloney's TORS made a better fist of looking at the week's matches, albeit from a humorous POV. Mehrtens brought a wry and genuinely funny persona to the show, Gregan's as dry as buffalo chips without much personality. George is also cursed with a nondescript voice, dunno why he's such a darling at FOX.

Anyways, this is the first year of Rugby 360 at FOX, spose it's going to stay as this 360 concept with a coupla talking heads seems to be the way to go there. Let's hope it evolves and improves, and gets back to 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.