• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby 7s general chat

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's interesting Eddie didn't select him, I reckon he's a better backrower than Kemeny is a winger.
I don't think he's a good enough strike winger to have been worth selecting. He would've had to be in contention for the starting side to have offered real value there.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
If the Roosters aren't in Premiership contention mid-year, can still foresee a scenario where Sua'alii goes to Paris 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think he's a good enough strike winger to have been worth selecting. He would've had to be in contention for the starting side to have offered real value there.
I love Pietsch as a Tahs fan but I see him in the same category at Muirhead long term. Just always going to have guys ahead of him that offer that bit more. He’ll have a long pro career though

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I love Pietsch as a Tahs fan but I see him in the same category at Muirhead long term. Just always going to have guys ahead of him that offer that bit more. He’ll have a long pro career though
Yeah, he's absolutely a guy I'd have in a super side, where he'll always do a job for you. But at the rate that exceptionally talented and athletically gifted wingers come through I just can't see him ever getting much of a toe hold at the international level, at least not at wing.

I do think if he wants to maximize that 15s career he really needs to hang around next year - 2025 likely sees a tahs backline of Nawaqanitawase, Jorgensen and Sua'ali'i and he's be up against it working his way back into the side if he's been away. As it stands his contract is until then anyway, so I don't know if there's much wiggle room for him.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Always injuries and he’s a good guy to have in your 23 if you can afford him. Problem will be he can get a starting job overseas no doubt.

I personally think JS will end up a 13. Which would leave a Win spot for Dylan.

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’d bring 3 or 4 of the current super rugby players back with previous 7s service for the Olympics. How stacked was the NZ7s side!

Rudderless

Cyril Towers (30)
Starting this Friday. Live on Stan.

1699323899577.png

The Men’s International section will feature arguably the world’s premier sevens teams with Australia, Fiji, and New Zealand pooled together with Niue and the Oceania invitational team. The Australian 7s Men’s Coach, John Manenti, said, “After our first real break in over two years, it’s great to be back playing a few of the best teams in the world. Current World Series Champions New Zealand & current Olympic champions Fiji will be great preparation for our season ahead and a chance to claim the early bragging rights as the champions of Oceania. As always, the opportunity to play at home is great motivation & we hope the locals come out to support us”.

Last edited:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pity this isn't getting more media traction. Brilliant teams playing. Aussie stars there. No profile. Might get a few thousand through the door.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nah, it’s just the standard wider squad that 7s carries added with the Super Rugby player sharing established last year.

anyway, the women’s team;
IMG_2823.jpeg