• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

rugby beat ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
everyday in the papers i read i see bs league and afl stories that simply fill the back pages that rightfully belong to union.
i think their needs to be a group effort by the union community to fill these pages to draw the attention of the sport loving country.
now i dont want to see us at the level of league with a leaguie every day being busted for alcohol/ group sex/ drug use but it cannot be denied that even bad media is good media if u understand where im coming from>>> the amount of attention league gets from "bad publicity" works in their favour>>
having just sen the walabies "alternate strip" i believe a bit of media attention along these lines could be quite beneficial>
seeing ashley cooper in that mock skills video last year was right on the money
anyone got any ideas?

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
you should move to New Zealand....plenty of "back fill" rugger stories in the papers here.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It helps that News still owns League at this stage, until the independant comission takes over and the reported $1 is paid to buy them out.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Media gives it readership/viewers/listeners what they want. Until rugby is more popular across a broader demographic, it will struggle to get the coverage on which they have no claims, as Godfrey has pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.