• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Betting 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
The total for crusaders vs highlands seems awfully low (opened at 44.5). Considering that they are playing at Forsyth Barr stadium I can't see this being under 55 points and I'll definitely be taking the over.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The total for crusaders vs highlands seems awfully low (opened at 44.5). Considering that they are playing at Forsyth Barr stadium I can't see this being under 55 points and I'll definitely be taking the over.

I guess the challenge is that the Highlanders average 18 points against and the the Crusaders average 14.5.

If the defences win out over the attacks then it could be a low scoring contest.

Average this season at Forsyth Barr is less than 36 points and the totals have been 33, 49, 32, and 29.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
Waratahs vs Bulls line opens at 42.5, way too low. Definitely taking the over here. The weather is predicted to be around 20 degrees with no rain or wind. Both teams are going to look to throw the ball around, should be a cracker.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
That Crusaders loss was a real bummer. Killed 2/3 multi's for me this weekend.
This is what I've got going for the rest of the weekend.
I see the Hurricanes line has risen up to -14.5.
If you're looking for a good deal here, definitely look at Dane Coles to score at an awesome $11. Missing their superstar finishers, I'd expect the Canes to try their luck in the lineout maul moreso than throwing it wide from scrums

P.S - Could I cash out after the Hurricanes line bet if I change my mind re: Lions, or am I stuck with this bet?

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 9.46.17 pm.png

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
That Crusaders loss was a real bummer. Killed 2/3 multi's for me this weekend.
This is what I've got going for the rest of the weekend.
I see the Hurricanes line has risen up to -14.5.
If you're looking for a good deal here, definitely look at Dane Coles to score at an awesome $11. Missing their superstar finishers, I'd expect the Canes to try their luck in the lineout maul moreso than throwing it wide from scrums

P.S - Could I cash out after the Hurricanes line bet if I change my mind re: Lions, or am I stuck with this bet?

View attachment 7806
Typically you can't cash out when you've bet on the line so I would assume that you can't cash out

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The Sunwolves draw with the Stormers cut my win in half. Only made a $9 profit this week :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From the markets that are up so far, I like the following:

Tahs +11.5 away against the Crusaders
Sunwolves +17.5 away against the Reds
Force @ 2.50 at home against the Blues

The Chiefs @ 1.13 at home to the Rebels and the Lions @ 1.18 at home to the Jaguares seem like good additions to multiple each bet by 1.33.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I've taken a punt on the risky Bulls -1.0 v Stormers and Blues -4.5 v the Force. $28 turns to $100 if they come through.

I've also taken the Crusaders + Reds + Chiefs + Stormers (+12.5) at 1.72 all up. All safe as houses.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
Waratahs 1st half +6, Waratahs +12.5, Blues -3.5, Blues -29.5, Stormers 1st half moneyline, Sharks 1st half -13.5, Sharks -30.5. In the tahs game I like the following to score a try anytime: Foley at $5.5, Holloway at $6.25, Hooper at $4.85. Really looking forward to seeing the totals for this weekend, particularly the lions vs jaguares which I think will go over anything under 60.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Sunwolves draw with the Stormers cut my win in half. Only made a $9 profit this week :(

Am i reading it right that you put the stormers and cheetahs in the mutli for no gain - rookie mistake in my book. MY book is constantly in need of topping up so i still make them. Unless you just put your weeks tips on a multi by habit each week....

Anyhow, bet I like.... NZ team to win the S18 @ $1.50 given they are currently 1st to 4th favourite in anyone's book... money for jam.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Each week I'll normally put on three multis, with more if there's value to be found.

I always back myself to tip a perfect week with a $10 multi. I've only hit this twice this season, but the payout is always north of $11 so it's paid for itself this season.

I also find two line matches that I like, and supplement the odds with all the "gimme" matches. The multi for those generally come back at $5.50ish, so I put $20 on. This is my primary bet.

My third bet is an insurance bet to cover which games might turn out to be upsets. Normally $10 at odds like $8.

I've only lost money one round since March 10, so I think my system works okay

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well thought out system! I never touch anything shorter than 1.20 because they dont add a great deal and it tears me when that is the losing leg...

Was just happy for a canes interception last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.