• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
After all the wonderful success of the RWC, SARU once again finds a way to disappoint. They could have handled this a lot better.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
SARU get to jerk us around, sit on their laurels and still get paid. Fuck me rugby administration spits out some bullshit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Most commercial contracts usually require, you know, performance.

'uh here in South Africa we don't believe in requiring all contracting parties to meet their obligations - we just want to get paid'.

Crack out the force majeure - sure. But expecting to get paid as well? nup.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Most commercial contracts usually require, you know, performance.

I think we pontificate. We have no idea of the terms. It will come out the wash. Maybe. From what I read SANZAAR is livid at SARU so I think this could drive a wedge for good.

I really think a squad of youngsters would have been the best outcome for all so I am actually starting to agree that they are being c*nts.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Just have a ANZ Barbarians team if we want a 4th team. The two week hotel quarantine would work perfectly for them to get to know each other and train.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think we pontificate. We have no idea of the terms. It will come out the wash. Maybe. From what I read SANZAAR is livid at SARU so I think this could drive a wedge for good.

I really think a squad of youngsters would have been the best outcome for all so I am actually starting to agree that they are being c*nts.

Not an easy decision. I hope for all that it's the right one and we can still work together after this.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just have a ANZ Barbarians team if we want a 4th team. The two week hotel quarantine would work perfectly for them to get to know each other and train.

And for AU and NZ this makes perfect sense to give the next cabs off the rank a good look.

This requires some quick thinking and manoeuvring. I fear the parties at the helm don't have much form in this regard.

An ANZAC team would be fantastic to see.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Just wanted to say that over the past decade the SARU has proved to Rugby fans that they are the most pig headedly ignorant, disgraceful and grubby rugby organisation there is. This absolute fraud of a removal from the championship is clearly about punishing NZ & AU for leaving it out of Super Rugby.

Let's just remember that it was the SARU's endless fiddling with teams and the model and threats that helped destroy it. So after holding super rugby hostage for ten years, the SARU then act purely out of spite, not financial interest, and disingenuously pull the plug on a comp crucial to the game.

Rugby AU and NZ should bury their differences and censure them at the next meeting of World Rugby. SARU management - you should hang your heads in shame, you are an embarrassment and an affront to the decency and goodwill in Rugby.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just wanted to say that over the past decade the SARU has proved to Rugby fans that they are the most pig headedly ignorant, disgraceful and grubby rugby organisation there is. This absolute fraud of a removal from the championship is clearly about punishing NZ & AU for leaving it out of Super Rugby.

Let's just remember that it was the SARU's endless fiddling with teams and the model and threats that helped destroy it. So after holding super rugby hostage for ten years, the SARU then act purely out of spite, not financial interest, and disingenuously pull the plug on a comp crucial to the game.

Rugby AU and NZ should bury their differences and censure them at the next meeting of World Rugby. SARU management - you should hang your heads in shame, you are an embarrassment and an affront to the decency and goodwill in Rugby.

Jeez, hate much?