• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If anyone thinks there is a better 13 playing rugby anywhere in the world who is better than Conrad I demand they express post me some of the delightful shit they are smoking.

Do yourself a favor. Run a couple of replays and watch Conrad whenever he is in picture. Look how he positions himself and those around him. Look at him yelling at players to organise the defense. He doesn't even have to ghost through those gaps and he is still a hell of a fucking rugby player.

Fair enough, though I never said Bosch is the best 13 in the world at this moment, I just thought that he edged out Conrad Smith, only slightly in TRC.
Teams seemed to comment on that sliding defence of Argentina and that "fool's gold" it offered to opposing teams out wide, and I thought that was largely in part due to the work of people like Marcelo Bosch.

I don't doubt that Conrad Smith is the best 13 in the world.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whitelock has had an excellent series IMO. Strong in the air at kickoff and LO time. Very good in the tackle and attacked the breakdown with real venom. He continued on his very good form in the Irish series to be our main man in the middle.

Definitely Roncero at LH. Was very strong in the scrum and showed an excellent work rate even at his age.

C. Smith was the best centre in the Championship closely followed by his Argie counterpart. Nonu had a couple of strong games to finish but was very quiet early on. Had his best game on he weekend.

Oz had the revolving door at 12 and the Boks also were forced to change due to injury.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saffers must really rate Ioane. On rugby365.com all 5 contributors named him instead of Jane in their best 15 of the tournament.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fair enough, though I never said Bosch is the best 13 in the world at this moment, I just thought that he edged out Conrad Smith, only slightly in TRC.
Teams seemed to comment on that sliding defence of Argentina and that "fool's gold" it offered to opposing teams out wide, and I thought that was largely in part due to the work of people like Marcelo Bosch.

I don't doubt that Conrad Smith is the best 13 in the world.
Well put mate. Correct in everything you said. I think the Kiwi's just don't like the thought of not having every All Black in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.