• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
ENG v IRE beIN Sat. 11.30 pm (Live)
Sun. 03.00 pm (Replay)
Mon. 09.00 pm (Replay)
Fri. 11.30 am (Replay)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see they've gotten rid of that damn QANTAS Wallabies moniker and finally got something appropriate.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A show on ESPN tonight at 9.00pm called "Cheika's Wallabies - Hope of a Nation". Might be worth a watch.

Before you get too carried away, bear in mind it's got Growden asking the questions:

"ESPN is proud to announce an exclusive 1-hour special - Cheika's Wallabies: Hope of a Nation - premiering on ESPN Weds Sept 9 at 9pm AEST (11pm NZ). ESPNscrum's leading rugby expert Greg Growden goes one-on-on with the Wallabies coach in this exclusive special that gives a rare insight into the intriguing personality of Australia's head coach."

Embedded in a Growden piece entitled "Lopsided score smokescreen, Wallabies diabolical for much of match against USA Eagles". Y'all have been warned........

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/274001.html

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't watched this yet but I do think human interest pieces or interviews are the sort of thing Growden does well.

The further removed from technical rugby discussion the better for him.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Watching the RWC preview on NBC Universal - not looking forward to the commentary so much. US 'analysts' haven't picked up on our 2 teams approach and were saying we'll have to play our best team in every match to get out of the pool. Oh and one guy keeps referring to Muliaina as "Mula-no-no" for some reason.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
hqdefault.jpg

Fox Sports 2 has rugby union, 24 hours a day.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure that this is the right thread, but I think this is good news for Australian Rugby, although most of it has already been discussed elsewhere.
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-unio...-sanzar-rugby-exclusively-live-for-five-years

Am I reading too much into this that NRC will be around for another 5 years (total of at least 7 years, not just the 5 years Fox & ARU originally committed to).
Fans will be treated to live coverage of Rugby Championship, with clashes between the Rugby World Cup semi-finalists, the All Blacks, Springboks, Wallabies and Argentina, as well as domestic matches from the Southern Hemisphere featuring Super Rugby, ITM Cup, the Currie Cup, and the National Rugby Championship.

T

TOCC

Yes, I remember reading the initial agreement between Foxtel and the ARU was a 2 year contract with Foxtel having the option for a further 5 years through to 2020.

On a separate note, the ACC has finally approved the Foxtel and Channel 10 tie-up, Foxtel now owns a 15% stake in Channel 10, its yet to be seen if this will lead to any sharing of content.. but that is Super Rugby/NRC best chance of getting on FTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.