• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Tipping for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey All...

the investec super rugby tipping comp was by far and away the best ever...

but if i am not mistaken, they are not the sponsor anymore...

does anyone know of another tipping comp that used a similar system?

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
After some looking about, i have discovered that a UK company called 'Nevado' built the tipping system fro Investec. The same interface is available via superbru.com

While superbru sounds like a kiwi complimenting your coffee, i chose to read it as Superb RU, and so it shall be...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We do it at superbru every year. Don't think anyone has set it up yet so should be great Guy. Unless it stuffs us up somehow. From following on from the past years I mean.

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
My mates have been doing it through investec for 4 or 5 years now, and its a shame that we are all going to lose our stats...

Maybe best to leave it to you guys. Let me know when the pool is set-up

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah Guy, have deleted the pool details, we will set up one in the near future and do it through the Blog and the Forum. We are looking to get a relationship with SuperBru and so it will need to be created/run by one of us.

J

jb01

Hi Guy, this season should be no different to the 2011 season in which Investec ran their tipping comp. Investec didn't sponsor the Australian Super Rugby Conference last year, but they were still the naming rights sponsor for the New Zealand Conference and as a result they still ran the Tipping Comp.
2012 is essentially the same, FxPro sponsor the Australian Conference and Investec Sponsor the New Zealand Conference. As far as I know they should still be running the comp with all your old details included.

Over the last few days the Investec website has been down numerous times due to them working on the site, and they now have current Super Rugby news stories being added to the main player page once logged in.

My guess is they will send out an email in the next few days. For the 2011 season the "we're back" email didn't go out until the 27th of January so they're not too late at this stage.

Red slug

Stan Wickham (3)
Hey everyone is there a TYS pool this season on Superbru love to join if anyone has set it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.