• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
England should beat Japan, but certainly you’d think Samoa nearly beating Ireland have a good shot against England with nothing to lose

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wanted to put this in the positivity thread but didn't know if it's all that positive. Despite the Wallabies sucking, we still produce class players, too many for one team. These are all proper Aussies (unlike Ethan de Groot and sorta Tyrel Lomax) who are playing for other nations at the RWC:

1. Finlay Bealham (Ireland)
2. Paul Alo-Emile (Samoa)
3. Michael Ala'alatoa (Samoa)
4. Jack Cornelsen (Japan)
5. Adam Coleman (Tonga)
6. Jack Dempsey (Scotland)
7. Richard Hardwick (Namibia)
8. Ben Gunter (Japan)
9. Feao Fotuaika (Tonga)
10. Christian Leali'ifano (Samoa)
11. Mack Hansen (Ireland)
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Scotland)
13. Dylan Riley (Japan)
14. Monty Ioane (Italy)
15. Duncan Paia'aua (Samoa)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Look how many players we have overseas, it's never been a depth issue but always a money one.
These aren't even all the players overseas, there's another 2 squads of them. These are just the ones that we developed and now represent another union.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It actually is very encouraging. We've produced those players off the smell of an oily rag and it shows that there is talent out there sufficient to create an interesting domestic competition.

Now to mash the jigsaw pieces together and somehow magically make them stick.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And if we’re talking positions, we’re a lock factory.

Apparently we don’t produce tight 5 players though..

Simmons, Coleman, Douglas, Arnold 2x, Skelton, Carter, Staniforth, Hockings, Hosea

Phillip, Rodda, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) were all in demand overseas too.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
And if we’re talking positions, we’re a lock factory.

Apparently we don’t produce tight 5 players though..

Simmons, Coleman, Douglas, Arnold 2x, Skelton, Carter, Staniforth, Hockings, Hosea

Phillip, Rodda, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) were all in demand overseas too.

Yes but I think the fact that we regularly produce tall blokes = our locks should always be world class is a bit of a misnomer.

I know it has been mentioned before but essentially if you’re tall and playing rugby professionally in Australia, chances are you won’t have a problem getting a contract until you decide to retire. The Japanese comps for example will always be on the hunt for some size.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Printed out the schedule today to have at my desk and on the fridge at home.

So every NZ game is a 9pm France kickoff, making all games a reasonable get up early and watch time for Kiwi fans, Aussie AEST times go 2am, 1:45am Mon, 5am Mon , 2:45am Mon.

I know the French time zone suck for Wallabies fans, but playing at least 1 game in the early slot so it's a 11:30pm kick off wouldn't have hurt.

Last edited:

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)

So every NZ game is a 9pm France kickoff, making all games a reasonable get up early and watch time for Kiwi fans, Aussie AEST times go 2am, 1:45am Mon, 5am Mon , 2:45am Mon.

I know the French time zone suck for Wallabies fans, but playing at least 1 game in the early slot so it's a 11:30pm kick off wouldn't have hurt.
Subs

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)

Oh yeah dreadful, 3/4 pool games at 2am and likely the QF to all on a Monday morning except Georgia, there should be more 9pm local kicks off to better accomodate

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

or at least on a bloody Sunday morning not a few hours before work.