• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think people have been too harsh on saying Skelton can’t replicate his club form to the Wallabies, this year is the first in a while he’s had a proper go

He's pretty consistently received MOTM votes in the 5 test matches we've played this year. I think he's very clearly showing that time in/with the squad pays dividends and he's very much a key contributor to the team.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
Excluding my folks, in their generation, all 6 West of Scotland born, three now live in the south east because there were limited growth opportunities for their careers, one moved to Edinburgh and chose to stay with a young family primarily for political reasons (passionate independence supporter) and another stays in the West but they or their partner get flown about to various EU countries 12-20 times a year for their technical expertise.
I spent a considerable length of time in Colonial Hong Kong, I was always struck by the percentage of British expats were Scottish.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Weather forecast for France all weekend - 30 to 35 degrees.

Might have some effect on a couple of big games with cramps etc.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What's the approach you'll be taking to watching games?

The live timeslots are pretty awful for those in AEST areas. I'm thinking of saving the late night efforts for if/when the Wallabies play knock-out games, and the rest will be full or extended replays in the morning after.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
What's the approach you'll be taking to watching games?

The live timeslots are pretty awful for those in AEST areas. I'm thinking of saving the late night efforts for if/when the Wallabies play knock-out games, and the rest will be full or extended replays in the morning after.
Yep. Fortunately I'm attending the Wales and Portugal games in person but no chance am I staying up for the first two. Will stay up if we're in the QFs.

Default position is watch the games delayed ASAP when waking up, in the order they happened so you don't hear a commentator dropping a massive result out of order. Unless of course the Wallabies are playing or maybe the big ones like Ireland v SA.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
For me, I'll probably watch replays of non-Australian games I'm keen to watch, and will see how I go to have a nap and get up for the Aussie games.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
For me, I'll probably watch replays of non-Australian games I'm keen to watch, and will see how I go to have a nap and get up for the Aussie games.

this is my target, though I won’t be surprised to find it too much for the Group games.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Monday morning I'll be on the Wales/Fiji replay as the priority, hoping the Fijians rip an absolute gash through the Welsh.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'll probably stay off rugby sites and watch the 5am games the following night in the lead up to the 1-2am matches...

The match times were much better in the last RWC in France back in 2007 as quite a few of the big games kicked off at 3pm local time which translated much better back here... and from memory Channel 10 broadcast almost all of the games which was a bonus.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'll probably stay off rugby sites and watch the 5am games the following night in the lead up to the 1-2am matches...

The match times were much better in the last RWC in France back in 2007 as quite a few of the big games kicked off at 3pm local time which translated much better back here... and from memory Channel 10 broadcast almost all of the games which was a bonus.
Yes, even the final last time was a late night pub start rather early morning. Ireland this week is a good time, the rest is horrible 5am starts.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting that there's already been players from quite a few teams being ruled out for opening matches / leaving squads due to injury!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_8752.jpeg

This is a huge loss for them.

Fiji always have the weapons but it felt they had proper direction with this bloke. He was also a very good kicker giving them the ability to take the 3 and get you behind/extend a lead.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I guess Volavola is a likely candidate but I wonder if the young U20 lad might be an option?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
View attachment 17435
This is a huge loss for them.

Fiji always have the weapons but it felt they had proper direction with this bloke. He was also a very good kicker giving them the ability to take the 3 and get you behind/extend a lead.
That sucks for Fiji, was really hoping to see them light it up.

But it's good for us because I was pretty concerns about them lighting us up!