• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup 2023

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Impressive performance by Ireland.
^ Scary impressive performance by Ireland.
The lads in green are looking on song which is so pleasing to see. They have really kept refining and building on the solid foundation that they've had for the last couple of years. You can see all the options on a platter at each breakdown coupled with everyone just knowing their roles so well, executing so consistently. Farrell has just found a really nice balance with the Schmidt attention to detail, systematic, able to play a high retention game now overlaid with some real attacking prowess, freedom in playing whats in front of them.

A stark contrast to Australian Rugby and a bit of an indictment for where we could be with better leadership and a more coordinated approach to the game here over the last decade or so.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Well deserved win. Needed to get points on the board and take advantage of the territory, but were clearly thinking too much about final result rather than win first.

Upcoming quarters will be genuinely brilliant.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ireland look amazing. I've been watching them all year and they just seem to get better every single game. NZ are going to have to be at their absolute best to get past them in the quarters, and even then it might not be enough.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ireland look amazing. I've been watching them all year and they just seem to get better every single game. NZ are going to have to be at their absolute best to get past them in the quarters, and even then it might not be enough.
Consistent selections, a clear plan and quality across the park.

Their world cup to lose.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ireland were magnificent for about 60 minutes of that game and then probably put the cue in the rack. They will take a power of beating from here.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think England will go full "bore the shit of it" and grind Fiji down. I hope not, but I suspect...
The English pack also has fragility in it, I think. IMO the 2019 final left a bit of a psychological scar on and when a team really takes it to them with power (e.g. very time the play South Africa, vs France in Six nations) they can get the hurt put on. Fiji certainly have the physical capacity to do something similar.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You border on being a troll on here. Either posting endless pics of jerseys, or sniping about how shit the Wallabies are, of which we are, unsurprisingly, fully aware.
Im the HUGEST Waratahs supporter overseas and I always support the Wallabies. Regards

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting comments coming from a few tier 2 team's coaches, they feel their teams have got better as cup has progressed, and shows that perhaps more tests would be very beneficial. Ok money becomes a huge problem, players etc all want to get paid etc so it's not just straight forward as saying play them more.