• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup Matches OTA

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
2nd team is the Wallabies, this world cup if Ireland don't win id like to see France get up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So who's everyone's second teams? I go into every Wallabies game thinking we'll finally find the elusive form that took us to the bled in 2001 but I think there's no harm in putting teams out there now.

I'm mostly Scottish but find them to be even more miserable and whinging than the poms. That Laidlaw dude was annoying.

I like seeing Wales beat England given the disparate size and world influence (and I love watching England lose) but ultimately they are even more miserable than Scotland.

Ireland are a great team but I think they've embraced their own good news too hard so fuck em.

I don't want to see NZ and RSA pull ahead of the pack in WCs even more than they have. If I had to choose it'd be NZ because I generally get along with them in Queenzland fine. RSA sledge too much after they're already on top - fuck em.

Of the top teams that basically leaves France given Argentina isn't exactly top. Given how close they went in 2011 against the home team I guess I'll go for them.
In this RWC - France. They've been a great RWC team over the existence of the thing. Since the Wallabies cannot win it, it has to be France for me.
Absolute "no" teams are England, SA and NZ (no offence to our great Kiwi posters, but just no).

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Second team is Georgia.

But fucking hell you've got to love Chile, Uruguay, and Portugal.

They play like the Australia A v Japan series a while back: nothing on the line, just whip out your balls and have a red-hot go.

Yeah those three teams are glorious to watch.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
People who are vision-impaired have difficulty seeing certain colours together. The higher the contrast, the better.

Hence dark colours v light colours where possible. Red is a bit fucked either way so won't be making as much of an appearance as anticipated.
Ahhh … Thanks

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ireland breakdown clearance speed has been incredible for a while, SA need to find a way to slow Ireland down at the breakdown. Ireland need to find a way to counter the SA line speed.

I think you will see Ireland spreading the ball, and maybe playing a bit deeper. Bundi has gone from being on the edge of the 23 to probably the first picked in the side over the last few weeks. His stats so far are amazing, 39 runs/21 carries for 270 meters, 7 clean breaks and 18 defenders beaten, 3 offloads, 19 passes and 4 trys. NZ commentary on the Tonga game called him currently the best inside center in the world, and 3 weeks ago I had him in the 23 jersey behind Henshaw/Ringrose combo in the Irish side.
Always rated him. However, this is not the Tonga defense. If he can keep those numbers against SA I'll be the first to acknowledge that he is currently the best.

There is a subtle change in our defense over the last few weeks. We either flood the breakdown or let them play and rush. Will be interesting to see how we mix it up. They are essentially two systems that we tend to switch up in the game. Against scotland we let them play and rushed up in the first half. In the second we suddenly flooded the breakdown and it toally rattled them. Lead to turnovers.

Game within a game within a game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Nah embrace it. An extra loosie on the bench isn't the end of the world, particularly when he's asked to defend strategic channels in the 65th minute.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I would've said the same thing about Tuilagi but then saw him binding onto his prop's knee when a flanker was in the bin.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
7-1 is the inevitable conclusion of boring 10 man rugby taken to it's extreme. It is the death of entertainment for victory's sake. Plus Rassie is the worlds biggest cnut.

Hope Ireland flog the wankers.
Petal. What have you been watching?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
France absolutely demolished Namibia (no surprise there). Pretty sure I'm not watching the replay, it'd almost be like watching paint dry.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Updated reports are saying cheekbone which if true is tournament over.

His cheque is en route from an untraceable Pitcairns account...
It would actually be so easy to do. Who's auditing the Namibia captain's accounts and asking why he got a large deposit from the Canary Islands? Absolutely no one.