1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rumours.

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by WorkingClassRugger, Jun 29, 2016.

1. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Very little about it has been released. From what I have read it appears to be coming out of the FRFU itself. If I find out more I'll pass it on.
  2. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Personally, I think that would be the most ideal solution in the interim. At the very least try to take one game a year to each of the Islands.
  3. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Well considering the Tahs have 'Team Tonga' in their ranks perhaps they should look at heaing out to Nuku'alofa.
  4. half Arch Winning (36)

An Australian Super Rugby team won a game.
  5. dru Paul McLean (56)

Relax. Its only a rumour.
    Rugbynutter39 likes this.
  6. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Glad someone else out there realises this. They actually find it quite offensive to be labelled Polynesian.
    wamberal likes this.
  7. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

It is the same when we label every person to the north of us as Asians, and lump them together.
    Quick Hands likes this.
  8. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

9. Sully John Eales (66)

Drew dated Rice?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
  10. p.Tah John Thornett (49)

11. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Have you ever been there?
  12. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

I was taught the correct terminology for them as a collective was "Pasifika" which works
  13. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Does it matter?
  14. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Just curious. I have, admittedly a few years ago. Quite a few years ago, actually, during the Super League war. A trial was staged at the main stadium between the Auckland Warriors and the Adelaide Rams. The admission price was the equivalent of $2. There were around 2000 spectators.

The biggest game in those days (apart from the occasional game against Fiji or Samoa) was the inter-school grudge match, Tupou High School vs Tupou College (George Smith's alma mater). The ground was absolutely packed out. Admission was free.

I mention the admission price, or lack of it, because Tonga is a poor country, over 60% of national income comes from overseas remittances, and unemployment is very high.

And Nuku'alofa is the pits. Or was.
  15. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

It was just a suggestion regarding ways to better engage and pay homage to the Islands that have benefitted Rugby in both Australia and New Zealand.
  16. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

The best way to do that would be to give them money. That's what they really need.
  17. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Ideally.
  18. Sully John Eales (66)

As a side note my sister posted a nice picture on Facebook and someone called her a Polynesian princess. It took all my will power not to correst them. So proud of myself.
    wamberal likes this.
  19. charlesalan Sydney Middleton (9)

Emergency meeting between the ARU and the Melbourne Rebels owner this week
  20. KevinO Jim Lenehan (48)

Regarding?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk