• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 supporters tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeff

Allen Oxlade (6)
We are planning on jetsetting to england in 2015 for RWC but are finding the supporters tours a bit expensive/restrictive. Flight Centre told me that we couldnt guarantee tickets to QF / SF that aus would play in case of aus finishing 1st or 2nd in pool. As someone whose never been on an organised world cup your before, this baffles me. I thought the whole idea of buying in a package is that a wholesaler could pool tickets and allocate to supporters groups once the finals format had been decided. Any ideas how one can around this issue?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
My understanding was,you need to book a particular QF/SF.
That is,you had to determine whether they would finish 1st or 2nd in their pool,in order to select which final game you wanted to book.
I am sure there will be plenty of punters wanting to swap tickets for different final games in the event of an upset in the ranking of teams.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have a look at http://www.weloverugby.com/.

I did see their prelim tour itinaries the other day & they had finals packages. In the past they have handled it by going to the 2 quarters that Australia 'could' be playing in, the semi Wallabies will be in if they win & both the bronze final & the final.

I have been with them for both 2007 & 2011 & have had a ball. Yes expensive, but I think that is going to be the case for anything in 2015 considering the price of tickets.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
djeff, I did RWC2011 under my own steam and purchased tickets directly from the organisers. I intend to attempt the same thing again for 2015. All ticket sales for non tour groups go through a single online market and that's how I did it. With respect to the knockout stage, there are no guarantees, you'll just have to take pot luck and hope that the Wobs get through on the correct side of the draw.

djeff

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thanks for the advice. I think we'll prob end up getting tickets for QF1 and SF2 which wallabies will play if they win their group. Seeing as though the 'other team' that may take our place at top of pool A would be Wales or England, I cant imagine it'd be too hard to organise a swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.