• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final Japan vs South Africa

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Boks not here to win any new friends with a brand of rugby so conservative. If they think theyre playing a "long game" theyre rolling the dice. Kolbe hasnt touched it ONCE on attack.

Is that Am guy at centre a club level quota pick? Cos thats what hes playing like

Boks cannot possibly play another half that shittily. They just look unco and rattled. Defended well but ffs they shouldnt have had to

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
The bok cannot possibly play another half that shittily. They just look unco and rattled. Defended well but ffs they shouldnt have had to

I kind of think they can. This is their M.O. They're just not getting any pay dirt from their set piece. The SA backline has always been subpar, lets be real.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Pretty harsh on SA there, reckon 12 was well within his right to keep going there, rewarded a soft tackle. Also why not just goto TMO to check, end of the half not matter the outcome.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A couple of times the Japanese attack shut down with the Bok defence rushing up out wide........... but if they'd gone with the shallow pass they would've gone right through them.

Just need to stop the habit of trying to go wide every time.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I kind of think they can. This is their M.O. They're just not getting any pay dirt from their set piece. The SA backline has always been subpar, lets be real.
They are alright outside de Allende and le Roux

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, second Japanese defender was all over him while he was crawling along the ground...........

Penalty.

If he had released it and picked it straight back up he would've been through.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Nah, second Japanese defender was all over him while he was crawling along the ground.....

Penalty.

If he had released it and picked it straight back up he would've been through.

I thought the japanese player had nearly released him by the time his knee hit the ground but can agree to disagree.

Shouldn't have barnes gone back for offside advantage to South Africa then?