• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 New Zealand vs Italy

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Saturday 12 October
13:45 Japan Time

New Zealand v Italy

NZ's last pool game, time to wheel out the 1sts. Fuck the Gucci boys and fuck their Armani manbags.

NZ Team Matchday GIF

madmax_zpsaccl3ihx.gif

Italy Team Matchday GIF:

bigleb_zpskmcw1xnf.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One thing about the Italians as my son (lives there) pointed out, might not be best rugby players but guaranteed to have flashest looking uniform!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"During the[South Africa] match, Italy lost Simone Ferrari (hamstring) and replacement Marco Riccioni (concussion) inside 18 minutes, which led to uncontested scrums.

"[Italy coach] O'Shea will, therefore, have to call in replacements for the October 12 match against the All Blacks, with only Tiziano Pasquali and Federico Zani left in the squad."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugb...ti-nicola-quaglio-handed-three-game-bans.html

So does that mean two other players have to leave the squad to allow the replacement props to join it? I'm thinking it probably does but can't find anything confirming it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
"During the[South Africa] match, Italy lost Simone Ferrari (hamstring) and replacement Marco Riccioni (concussion) inside 18 minutes, which led to uncontested scrums.

"[Italy coach] O'Shea will, therefore, have to call in replacements for the October 12 match against the All Blacks, with only Tiziano Pasquali and Federico Zani left in the squad."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rugb...ti-nicola-quaglio-handed-three-game-bans.html

So does that mean two other players have to leave the squad to allow the replacement props to join it? I'm thinking it probably does but can't find anything confirming it.

Presumably the two injured players will be replaced, but if they need further reinforcements in the front row then yes they'll need to sack a couple of other players. It's a bit academic anyway as it will be their last game so they'll just send two players home (which just means they can't train with the squad) who won't be picked. Someone said they had 6 props in the squad though?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, six props in the squad but two injured & now two suspended so will need to be replaced so as to have four on match day.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
so if they have 2 still left in the squad they'll just get the 2 injured ones replaced presumably. They may need a 5th as injury cover as well

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
WHAT THE HELL?? IT TOOK ME ALMOST 12 DAYS TO FIND TWO GIFS THAT ACTUALLY SHOWED UP IN MY OPOENING POST. NOW THE ITALIANS DONT WANT TO GET THEIR ARMANI HAIR MUSSED UP BY AN ERRANT GUST OF WIND? MONEY BACK PLEASE ITALIAN IRB

Uhh hold on, wft am I talking about, looking at pool table, if Italy had won (regardless of how unlikely) they would've gone through and NZ would be out of RWC.

3rd place in the pool.

I almost wish it would happen. How wild would that be. OMFG. Hilarious. This forum would be blown clean off it's foundations by the gales of uproarious laughter.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So Italy still had a mathematical chance of reaching the quarters and now it is cancelled?

That is actually disgraceful. I don't know how much lower world rugby can sink in my view.

So what did you want them to do ACR?? Seriously did you want game to be played in typhoon? FFS I wanted to see game too but...... Son tells me his mates in Italy are celebrating as this is their first ever draw with the ABs!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CGW showed a news clip of the last super typhoon to hit Japan. Frontages ripped off buildings, vans tipped over & blown along the road, a lamppost blown over an overpass railing & spearing into the road below etc etc. There's no way you want people out & about in that kinda shit.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
So what did you want them to do ACR?? Seriously did you want game to be played in typhoon? FFS I wanted to see game too but.. Son tells me his mates in Italy are celebrating as this is their first ever draw with the ABs!!

Because playing during the typhoon was the only other option :rolleyes:

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
So Italy still had a mathematical chance of reaching the quarters and now it is cancelled?

That is actually disgraceful. I don't know how much lower world rugby can sink in my view.
Mathematical chance perhaps, but I think we all know not a realistic chance.

France and Scotland (if the Scots' game ends up being cancelled) have far more reason to be upset. France could realistically have beaten England at least.