• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ARG v SA - 3RD-PLACE PLAYOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
And the fact that we currently have the weakest pool of players we've probably ever had.
Maybe. It's debatable. The truth is that we play predictable, one dimensional rugby with no plan b.

There is no hiding from that.

Defend well and you beat us because you will most likely outscore us.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Looking forward to this game - tipping Argentina, hard to pic a margin but will say 3 - 7 points.

I think the Argentinians learnt alot about their tactical errors last week, and I am not sure the Bok defence will ask the same questions of them. Finally, i think the Argie players will be up for it, whilst the Boks will be looking for the Airport.

Romantics aside, to me it really looks like an understrength Argie team and I think we will bore them into submission.

The Argies totally lost their shape against you without Creevy and Hernandez. I don't know how they are suddenly going to make up for that.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Saffers to blitz it. They'll be trying to get Habana 6 tries so he can have a RWC record.

Shame about Ayerza, but he has gotten through a power of work this tournament.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs D and I will be getting up for this match, then a 40-minute drive to Grandson's under- 8s touch. So much footy, this weekend!!

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The truth is that we play predictable, one dimensional rugby with no plan b.

There is no hiding from that.

That's what makes South Africa games against Wales so much fun -- hammers trying to break anvils, neither with a plan b, and they'd rather run over each other than through a gap to score. It's kamikaze collisions with some rugby thrown in.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
I would like for Meyer to let them play the way they would like to play. I would like to see Pollard at flyhalf, not Burger. I would like to see what the centres can do with some go-forward ball. I would like to see Willie not kick aimless up and unders.

But I think I will see the same dross that has been trotted out for rugby that we have been subjected to for the last three years.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I would like to see Pollard at flyhalf, not Burger. I would like to see what the centres can do with some go-forward ball. I would like to see Willie not kick aimless up and unders.
But I think I will see the same dross that has been trotted out for rugby that we have been subjected to for the last three years.

I want my own personal Island. With a runway and a lear jet. A big mofo boat, 6 vestral virgins, a personal chef. Oh and abs. I want abs. A motherfucker of a six pack.

I reckon I have a better chance of all the above before you will see Pollard offloading to de Allende who puts Kriel over in the cornet.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ayerza is out. Bit shocked to see people tipping a close one or Argie win. Minimum 20 point win by SA.

I was just having a dig at the Boks for running their best team out less their in form lock, just to allow Matfield to captain on his testimonial. That said he does deserve it after a phenomenal career. You'd think they'd give a few tackle bag holders a run though!

I agree though the Boks will shit it in.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
I want my own personal Island. With a runway and a lear jet. A big mofo boat, 6 vestral virgins, a personal chef. Oh and abs. I want abs. A motherfucker of a six pack.

I reckon I have a better chance of all the above before you will see Pollard offloading to de Allende who puts Kriel over in the cornet.

I doubt you want a vestal virgin. If you do you might end up with blue nuts... Just saying.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)

geez, always thought they played trumpets in heaven when you get your vestal virgins.

still, spose cornets and trumpets sound similar

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I reckon the Pumas will fancy this game. Surprised so many are writing them off.

Like the Boks. But it's hard not to be impressed with how the Pumas play. On a dry track, if they can get their nose in front, they might just hold it in the last 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.