• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v URU (Villa Park, Birmingham): POOL A; 9pm (AEST) Sunday 27 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Cricket score is expected, hopefully no injuries.

I'd like to see a rock solid set piece, low penalties and maintaining structure and patterns in the face of a disruptive and scrappy opposition.

The kickoff time is much more civilised than last night's red-eye effort!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slipper was the likely captain for that game. Who gets it now?

Mumm, McCalman, McMahon, Quade for me in that order..

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Slipper was the likely captain for that game. Who gets it now?

Mumm, McCalman, McMahon, Quade for me in that order..

I'm a bit confused, are you suggesting those blokes as stand-in skippers, or likely starters?

QC (Quade Cooper) was VC under the OC (old coach) so that might be a good fit.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Mumm?! - tell that bloke to just concentrate on the line-out

What is the rule with concussion availability? Is Slipper still eligible to play against England?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I've got a Bill Lawry/Shane Warne-level mancrush on Sean McMahon but to suggest he's third in line for the captaincy stretches credulity.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Cricket score is expected, hopefully no injuries.

I'd like to see a rock solid set piece, low penalties and maintaining structure and patterns in the face of a disruptive and scrappy opposition.

The 7am kickoff is much more civilised than last night's red-eye effort!
I have pleasure in informing you that the correct time of the game is 9pm AEST Sunday night. So even more civilised than your time, can even have beverages!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tex

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What is the rule with concussion availability? Is Slipper still eligible to play against England?

He has to pass certain protocols in the lead up to the game. It should take a minimum of 6 days but revolves around him passing each stage.

The 10 day turnaround is certainly enough that he won't be ruled out automatically.

Reactions: BDA

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've got a Bill Lawry/Shane Warne-level mancrush on Sean McMahon but to suggest he's third in line for the captaincy stretches credulity.

I reckon he would make a fantastic captain. Real lead by example bloke and loves a chat too. He was very good during the u20s and is about the same age as Hooper when he took over. Would be an inspired call by Cheika.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the concussion to Slipper will obvious cause some front row rearranging.

Smith, TPN and Holmes to start, Sio, Kepu and now Moore as a reserve. many were suggesting the Sio would be the reserve hooker and Smith the bench THP, seems unlikely now. All three starters to go 80 mins ?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I understand the plan about not using the reserves much in the first two games but we've got a good turnaround between Uruguay and England.

I'd have thought that playing players for close to their usual game times was the best option. Presumably injury risk increases when players are fatigued.

I'd be thinking that the front row reserves will be substituted between 50 and 65 minutes like they were against Fiji.

Locks would be similar.

McCalman and McMahon play 80 minutes because that's what they're used to.

Genia plays the last 20 or so for Phipps.

Outside back reserves only get on the field in the closing minutes to get a cap.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I have pleasure in informing you that the correct time of the game is 9pm AEST Sunday night. So even more civilised than your time, can even have beverages!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Google and her "timezone translate" function clearly hasn't served me well.

Mods - can you please edit?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
IMO Douglas needs to play maximum available footy. I would hope that he gets at least 40 mins this weekend (don't care which 40).

I'd go
1. smith
2. TPN
3. Holmes
4. Skelton
5. Douglas
6. Mumm
7. The McBeast
8. MCalman
9. Phipps
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Speight
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

16. Moore (not to play unless necessary)
17. Sio (comes on for LH or hooker at 60)
18. Kepu
19. Fardy
20. Palu (not to play unless necessary)
21. Genia
22. Foley
23. Horne

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Beale probably needs another gallop, but that may not fit with TGC's selection policy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Douglas will not start. Palu needs to start or be replaced (injury)in the squad.
Hoping this game can kick start QCs form leading into the big pool games and hopefully the quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.