• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v Fiji (Twickenham) Pool A

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Opening match in 2011 AB 41-10 Tonga, I'm expecting a similar score here. Fiji will be competitive for say 20 min then get suffocated by England's territory & set piece. Maybe a coupla late tries for the backs but most of the damage will be done within no more than five metres either side of contact

I was initially puzzled by Burgess being on the bench but now I'm thinking he's there to run some short-side lines against a tiring D, almost as another 6 rather than the sub 12.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
looking forward to the game, but cant see an upset here, England bonus point win,

Yeah, but I hope they beat the living shit out of each-other. ;)

England will strangle them, there is no benefit in them opening this game up at all just scrum to penalty, driving mauls from lineouts/kick offs, kick your goals - repeat

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Probably been asked a million times but what time will this be on for us?

Gone with Fiji at the line so hoping they get within 22 points. Certainly going to be some sore bodies after this one

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Probably been asked a million times but what time will this be on for us?

Gone with Fiji at the line so hoping they get within 22 points. Certainly going to be some sore bodies after this one
557db70148c6e9ff6506c1b3ad269465.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Sorry to put this on here but how do I quote a post pressing reply, but nothing happening.
And yes I hope they punch each others lights out,;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Be aware daylight savings comes in part way through the competition (on the morning of the Australia v England game) and those times are as listed AEST not AEDT

Think you'll find those are AEDT time. Amazingly they were onto UK daylight too.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
People talking up Fiji are deluding themselves. It's nice to dream, but this is RWC with England at home. Their gonna mince them.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
As an England fan... Today is dragging so much!!!! I'll be down the pub soon though! See you all on the other side!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think England win comfortably enough (15-25 points). Yes, Fiji are on the up for a change and it's taken them a while so I'm really happy about that, but England are a very good side and they will be very well prepared for this tournament.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Well the threat of rain has seemingly disappeared, which is good news for the good guys.

Fiji by 12 with a bonus point. Nadolo hat-trick! Burgess yellow carded. C'mon!

Burgess 2 yellows because he's still getting used to the rules, then a red!

Status
Not open for further replies.