• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v Fiji (Twickenham) Pool A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harro

Stan Wickham (3)
Well there was nothing in this match that would really worry the Aussies. Combined with the unfortunate injuries to key Welsh players, the Pool of Death is not looking too scary at this point

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BP try at the death. Boring Old England played with a lot more width than I was expecting but looked way better when they kept it in close. Bad news for you guys is they can only get better.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The biggest surprise was England's lack of dominance in the scrum losing a tight head and getting penalised on their own feed.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
at 11-18, Fiji had the bride at the threshold but somehow endeavored to drop the poor woman, kick her in the guts on her way down, and then, somehow, somehow, set fire to the drapes.

Chucking it around inside your own half and missing regulation penalty kicks at Twickers vs the pie & steroids boys not the flashest match-winning strategy.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
The most crucial moment for Fiji was with 15 minutes to go missing that kick for touch when they had the penalty while down just 7 points. Brown made a break on the return, England got a penalty, pushed it to a 10 point gap and Fiji were then rubbish and desperate for the final 10 minutes. If that kick had found touch it could have been a whole different game.

The selection of Volavola was a mistake. He gave their backs no momentum at all from 10. Fiji have looked a much better side with Matavesi at 10 in all the lead up games and I think he'll come in for the match against us. Fiji with a bit more luck and a bit better direction from 10 are still a threat to anyone.

Nadolo is a simply brilliant player. Glad he got to show that on the biggest stage today.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not scared at all by England either. I think we'll at least match them in tight and that our back row will have an absolute field day. Just gotta hope our 9/10 don't mess it up!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Well there was nothing in this match that would really worry the Aussies. Combined with the unfortunate injuries to key Welsh players, the Pool of Death is not looking too scary at this point

We'd be looking to dominate England on that performance.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'm not sure what people expected of Volavola as he's been stuck playing amateur rugby for the last 3 years.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Ref: Peyper
AR's: Lacey & Berry
TMO: Veldsman

High probability of random decisions; and/ or Peyper at some point(s) ignoring his AR(s) and/ or TMO; and/ or Veldsman exceeding his brief (or trying to & being ignored by Peyper). If nothing else, this has drinking game written all over it :)

Didn't get to see the game but from what I've read, this was pretty prophetic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.