• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: IRL v CAN (Millennium Stadium) Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So why kick the ball away as soon as you hit the 22? Strange coach.
Just having fun, nothing to do with the coach. Back to back 6 nations champs and 2 time Heineken Cup. Time for you to goto sleep id say b4 you say anything else thats stupid

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If anything the bench might help Ireland. Pretty disappointed with Canada TBH.
Really? They are outclassed by the 2nd best team in the World. Nothing wrong with their effort.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
No wonder you think this performance is ok. Deluded.
Really? You think our last two loses count? That makes you the deluded one. We dropped two games in two years before those two loses. Wake up mate

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'll clarify my comment had nothing to do with Canada's effort. I think we saw the real Ireland in the first 20 mins but they aren't trying to make a statement today.

Probably a smart move, no point absolutely crushing teams at this point.

As I type they score again. 41-7 kick to come and 8 to go.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ireland would be reasonably happy with that match. Apart from that 10-20 minutes on both sides of the half time break where they coasted, it was a clinical hit out for a team that was coming off losses in the warm ups.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
woah, since I last saw Ireland play, Keith Earls and Sexton look to have packed on about 10-15 kegs of solid lean muscle. Gee I wonder how. Reminds me of when King Carlos disappeared down the Eden Park tunnel at the end of one Super 12 campaign and ran back out a few months later looking like a completely different person. I still remmeber thinking "oh fuck off, he's gone from 85 kgs to 98 kgs of solid muscle in about 10 minutes. That shit ain't from Toffee Pops."

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^^Earls has had some injury problems the last few years but has looked pretty good recently. His defense has improved even though the Leinster fans won't admit.

Sexton played in France, same as Mitchell were it looks like the fitness plan is to bulk.

Did not think Fitz would be good at 12, not really sure but not as much doubt after last night.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Please tells us more about all that's wrong with a 50-7 win with no injuries. It's terribly interesting.

Canada are one of the worst teams in the whole thing, gone backwards at an enormous rate. Ireland kicked the ball away at least 15 times on attack in the opposition's half. Outrageous.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Canada are one of the worst teams in the whole thing, gone backwards at an enormous rate. Ireland kicked the ball away at least 15 times on attack in the opposition's half. Outrageous.

Again, curious to learn all about Australia's facility with the kicking game,where any kick is a bad kick. I'm sure they have plenty to teach the rest of the world about that.

200_s.gif

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Why is it outrageous? A very comfortable win, with no injuries and not much given away to the analysts.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Bonus point win with no injuries, 7 try's and tested out a couple of players in different positions and get slammed over it.

I'll take it. Flying under the radar is fine by me.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Bonus point win with no injuries, 7 try's and tested out a couple of players in different positions and get slammed over it.

I'll take it. Flying under the radar is fine by me.

Exactly, keep your powder mostly try and build into the tournament I say. With the greatest respect to Canada, they weren't going to be a huge threat and if you're Ireland you'd want to get the basics done effectively and not get anyone injured. Our first game is a slightly different situation, but I doubt we'll be showing all our wares this early. Be clinical and ruthless but shut up shop if we're well ahead.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Exactly, keep your powder mostly try and build into the tournament I say. With the greatest respect to Canada, they weren't going to be a huge threat and if you're Ireland you'd want to get the basics done effectively and not get anyone injured. Our first game is a slightly different situation, but I doubt we'll be showing all our wares this early. Be clinical and ruthless but shut up shop if we're well ahead.

Could not agree more, as an Irish fan I accept that we stopped playing. Look at 2011 when Ireland wanted to play attacking rugby against the USA even though the conditions didn't suit and only won by 22-10.

I don't think the Australian fans can accept that sometimes for the benefit of the Tournament you have to play some ugly rugby at times. Against Fiji with a short turn around I can't see the Wallabies putting on a show once the result is confirmed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think the Australian fans can accept that sometimes for the benefit of the Tournament you have to play some ugly rugby at times. Against Fiji with a short turn around I can't see the Wallabies putting on a show once the result is confirmed.

Think you're very wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.