• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Oct 16 2023 1/8 Final France vs South Africa

France vs South Africa

• Go France

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Go South Africa

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Viva le c***t

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • this stupid thread won't even crack 2 pages

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • pole my crack

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • crack my pole

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Every incident they are talking about is valid. I don't deny that.

But refs make calls. Sometimes wrong. The only variable is who ends up on the wrong side.

the more impactful wrong call was Kwagga not supporting his weight but ref was not able to see that and we can't have the TMO call these decisions back. The game will die. It is bad enough already.

I can also whinge. There are tons of clips of the Etzebeth try, as he falls there is clear head contact on him from a French player.

None of this is why France lost. They could not put us away and completely panicked in the last ten
Have a word with Rassie for us will ya?

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
French should be having a sook as to why their fly-half decided to attempt a dominant 1 on 1 tackle on Etzebeth 5 metres from the line. Baffling decision that only gets stranger as I watch the highlights back.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
French should be having a sook as to why their fly-half decided to attempt a dominant 1 on 1 tackle on Etzebeth 5 metres from the line. Baffling decision that only gets stranger as I watch the highlights back.
how about his clearing kick that went 10m backwards. The lad is getting paid half a million to do that!

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
how about his clearing kick that went 10m backwards. The lad is getting paid half a million to do that!
He had a bit of a stinker. If they can keep Dupont-Ntamack-Ramos together for another 3 years they are going to be mighty good come 2027. They seem to have a never ending pipeline of big forwards at u20 level these days. Also thought the 9 at the u 20 world cup was the player of the tournament. Scary stuff.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He had a bit of a stinker. If they can keep Dupont-Ntamack-Ramos together for another 3 years they are going to be mighty good come 2027. They seem to have a never ending pipeline of big forwards at u20 level these days. Also thought the 9 at the u 20 world cup was the player of the tournament. Scary stuff.
The Tuilagi kid is terrifying. Him and Meafou will provide more than enough ballast in a few years.