• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)

Need a BP win, and Wales can't come away with anything

1 - Bell
2 - Porecki
3 - Pone
4 - Frost
5 - Phillip
6 - Hooper
7 - Gleeson
8 - Valentini
9 - McDermott
10 - Donaldson
11- Korobiete
12 - Kerevi
13 - Perese
14 - Mark
15 - Kellaway

16 - Faesslar
17 - Slipper
18 - Nonggorr
19 - Arnold
20 - Leota
21 - Fines
22 - Gordon
23 - Petaia

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Need a BP win, and Wales can't come away with anything

1 - Bell
2 - Porecki
3 - Pone
4 - Frost
5 - Phillip
6 - Hooper
7 - Gleeson
8 - Valentini
9 - McDermott
10 - Donaldson
11- Korobiete
12 - Kerevi
13 - Perese
14 - Mark
15 - Kellaway

16 - Faesslar
17 - Slipper
18 - Nonggorr
19 - Arnold
20 - Leota
21 - Fines
22 - Gordon
23 - Petaia
Are you starting Donladson because you need a kicker or because you think Gordon deserves to be dropped after the Fiji game?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So what are the machinations?

Win next two games with BPs and hope Fiji and Wales drop a BP along the way?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. Bell
2. Porecki (c)
3. Fa'amausili
4. Frost
5. Philip
6. Hooper
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Donaldson
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Kellaway
16. Faessler
17. Slipper
18. Nonggorr
19. Arnold
20. Gleeson
21. IFL
22. Foketi
23. Gordon

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So what are the machinations?

Win next two games with BPs and hope Fiji and Wales drop a BP along the way?
huh? If we beat Wales we'll go through. I doubt Wales and Fiji beat Georgia and Portugal by what we did/will.

Tupou and Skelton are out so we're not beating Wales who cares.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
huh? If we beat Wales we'll go through. I doubt Wales and Fiji beat Georgia and Portugal by what we did/will.

As in you think they’re beating them by more? I back us to beat Portugal by more than 20

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Nah, we need to either get a BP or rely on them dropping a BP. For example:

We beat Wales without a BP and take 5 points from Portugal. We end up on 15 points.
Wales pick up a LBP and take 5 points from Georgia. Wales finish on 16 points.
Fiji beat Georgia and Portugal with a BP each. Finish on 16 points.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
For guys who think Donaldson should replace Gordon and given that the Wallabies now need to be thinking of attacking and going for BPs and perhaps points differential....is Donaldson a better attacking player than Gordon?

To me, White is more of a problem than Gordon. I was cringing as White get subbed today, watching him stop and seemingly give players advice. I wondered if there wasn't a small part of IFL just nodding his head and ignoring every word. If I was a Wallaby supporter, the last thing I would want is the replacement 9 coming on and playing like White.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
For guys who think Donaldson should replace Gordon and given that the Wallabies now need to be thinking of attacking and going for BPs and perhaps points differential....is Donaldson a better attacking player than Gordon?

To me, White is more of a problem than Gordon. I was cringing as White get subbed today, watching him stop and seemingly give players advice. I wondered if there wasn't a small part of IFL just nodding his head and ignoring every word. If I was a Wallaby supporter, the last thing I would want is the replacement 9 coming on and playing like White.
Yep, White has to go - he takes the Flyhalf out of the game too much

eastman

Arch Winning (36)

People need to be careful: we replace Gordon with Donaldson, and we go entirely into kick-bot mode. Donaldsons game is standing deep, shoveling on the ball but primarily kicking. It might result in less mistakes but it comes at the cost of a lot of attacking threat.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
People need to be careful: we replace Gordon with Donaldson, and we go entirely into kick-bot mode. Donaldsons game is standing deep, shoveling on the ball but primarily kicking. It might result in less mistakes but it comes at the cost of a lot of attacking threat.

Can anyone here definitively say that in the 30 min BD had at 10 he offered anymore than what CG did in the previous 50? the answer is no

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah, the reality is that any game plan has to ensure that we score 4 tries, Wales score less than 4 and don’t finish within 7 points of us.

Last edited: