1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D: Wallabies v Fiji, Sat 21st September, 2.45pm AEST, Sapporo Dome

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by KOB1987, Sep 11, 2019.

1. fatprop David Wilson (68)

Kepu is Kepu he is our most experienced THP ever, he is effective at scrum time, and has been all season and has been effective around the field.

I think TT's lack of experience at handling and adapting vs Samoa is the issue, as Cheika said above, they went for experience
  2. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

We're using the ones that started games well to finish for us instead so it will be sweet. Logic 101.
    Slim 293 likes this.
  3. Adam84 Chilla Wilson (44)

Personally I didn’t like the Kepu selection, he was selected based on what he offered 4 years ago, not what he is today. Still deserves to be in the squad, but he is 3rd to AA and TT these days
    dru likes this.
  4. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

At scrumtime this season though, Tupou has been found out to a reasonable degree. He was the most penalised player in Super Rugby and has had a few struggles in the tests too.
  5. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

JB I can accept that Jordan Uelese offers more bulk at scrum time, but both Latu and Fainga'a are listed as 1.76m with Latu 110kg and FF 106kg. Hardly enough to make a difference in a 900kg unit.
  6. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

Latu, Kepu, Hooper and Beale. Accuracy? But I do concede the numbers for this test are well down on usual since three heads are present at the selection table.
  7. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

So it's Cheika's bias leaving Brumbies out of the RWC squad and matchday 23 but good selecting by the trio of selectors to only have 4 Waratahs in the 23? Got it.
  8. Dctarget John Thornett (49)

TT has been left clueless by some more experienced props, he has good body height and can drive under, but if they bore in or twist him out, he’s been in trouble before.

Uelese provides a lot around the park, at school boy level (not that long ago) he was a very capable six.
  9. Micheal John Solomon (38)

BR would be a great addition to the Trump Whitehouse.

Or to Dismal Pillock's Travelling Circus.

Not sure what the difference is tbh.
  10. Silverado Nev Cottrell (35)

Yes Kepu is better at scrum time for mine. TT will get his chance but did himself no favours against Samoa
  11. Silverado Nev Cottrell (35)

There's bugger all Waratahs supporters on these forums thanks in no small part to toxic comments like that
    boyo and Sully like this.
  12. BDA Peter Johnson (47)

Surely there is already a separate thread dedicated to the national selectors' state bias?
    Scoey likes this.
  13. Silverado Nev Cottrell (35)

No point of a new thread. There isn't any rational bias. Time for everyone to pull together for the Wallabies
    The_Brown_Hornet, KOB1987 and Sully like this.
  14. Scoey Tony Shaw (54)

Yeah park the parochial crap please or at least keep it to the general Wallabies threads that make it easier to give a wide berth to. This is a match thread. I hope you lot are all just a bit tetchy before the RWC kicks off and you settle down a tad after tonight. This is really depressing. Its the fucking World Cup! Get excited FFS!!
    cyclopath and Silverado like this.
  15. Sully John Eales (66)

Just a reminder before the cup starts not to mention results from other games in Match threads for 24 hours after the game is played. Some people a waiting to watch recordings.
    I like to watch and Slim 293 like this.
  16. Spruce Moose Larry Dwyer (12)

Just to fill the few hours left before kick off, just watched this on Youtube:

Really got me excited to see Pocock do what he does best tomorrow.
  17. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

We're going to miss him when he's gone.
    dru and Seb V like this.
  18. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

You're really just trolling now. Might be worth stopping.
  19. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

Hmmm, it’s the Tahs organisation, not toxic opposition supporters that have been robbing me of my will to live the past few years...
    Adam84 likes this.
  20. Bobby Sands Ken Catchpole (46)

5 different people laughed at his post, including you.

Please block me, and I will do the same.

Cheers.