1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Wales - Sunday 29 September 2019 @ 5.45pm

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Braveheart81, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Forcefield Peter Fenwicke (45)

I know he hasn't kicked in a while, but JOC was always a reasonable kicker back when. Reckon he must have been close to 80% in Super Rugby.
  2. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

VassMan likes this.
  3. Scoey Tony Shaw (54)

We have a longer turnaround and a better prep match. That being said though, I think Wales should be the favourites for this. the Welsh defence looks very tight and our fairly average attack will struggle to score points so when we get the odd freaky half break we will need to capitalise on it if we are to have any chance. Also limit the opportunities that we give their back three.

It's pretty much our grand final though and that's how I expect we will approach it. I'm not confident but I am very hopeful! Go Wallabies!
    boyo and dru like this.
  4. Spruce Moose Larry Dwyer (12)

5. tragic Trevor Allan (34)

I think we’ll score the same or more tries than Wales
    The result will come down to our goal kicking lottery and how many dumb penalties we give away in kicking range.
    Hard to watch when you're nervous the kick will be shanked even with a try near the posts.
  6. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

Would absolutely love to see Beale and Pocock on the bench for the crunch games. Would be an incredible bench add or making the finishing side as stronger or stronger than the starting side as the game opens up.

I think the Lilo/Toomua starting finishing combo is our best. Think Lilo will start this game.

Really liked the idea of Genia as the finisher before Fiji, but he was so ordinary and most importantly jittery I think Genia needs to probably start from now on in. Genia always performs better when his position in the side is not a lay down misere. I think Cheik has probably put White there both because of his form, but also to humble and re-focus Willy G.
    VassMan likes this.
  7. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

The clamp tackle, perfect by the Irish and adopted across the globe.
  8. Tomikin Mark Loane (55)

Think they said he had a hip/knee issue from the brutal hammering he was coping, put his kicking out, so handed it over. From what I remember when we were watching it.
  9. Dctarget Greg Davis (50)

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/09/24/rugby-world-cup-wallabies-lealiifano
    Tomikin likes this.
  10. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Tomikin likes this.
  11. Tomikin Mark Loane (55)

Thanks Guys, Poke in the Eye would suck, he did cope a beating but one thing we know about Lealiifano is his tough as teak, he will bounce back and give as best he can.

Let's go boy's I'm keen as mustard for this game.
    Dctarget likes this.
  12. VassMan Ted Fahey (11)

The more I think about this, the more I like it. LSL and DHP are solid but not exceptional in my opinion, let them do the hard yard and then Pocock and Beale can pick a tired team apart. Got to make the changes with 25-30 minutes left though!
    Tomikin likes this.
  13. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

Yep and will also make our bench more balanced to pull the levers as necessary based on the game.

Ie we can bring a fresh 7 on and keep Lukhan on if we need the lineout play/extra ball carrier or we can revert to the ground attack and have two 7s on the ground. In the event that we did play both on the ground, I will like to see Michael at 6 not the other way around.

Beale against a tired opposition is basically a cheat player.
    VassMan likes this.
  14. KOB1987 Andrew Slack (58)

If Hodge is suspended, Petaia is injured again, DHP is at 15, and Beale is on the bench, who is on the other wing? AAC or Kuridrani?
  15. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Beale will remain at 15 if Hodge is suspended. I think there is a strong chance he will regardless (and potentially DHP comes onto the wing for Hodge anyway).
  16. Derpus Steve Williams (59)

Beale often performs better off the bench. Not as sure about swapping Poey for LSL though. Suspect LSL is more likely to have a short powerful impact.
    Seb V likes this.
  17. Derpus Steve Williams (59)

Taking Petaia was foolish.
  18. KOB1987 Andrew Slack (58)

It appears so at this stage but if he's good for the last 2 pool games then who knows. If he's not I'd say he'll be sent home for Banks or Speight or Naivalu
  19. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

I really like the idea of Kurindrani on the wing.

Its where he started in QLD.
  20. Bobby Sands Peter Johnson (47)

Nope. He will play against Georgia and Uruguay and then be a part of the 23 for the rest of the comp.

People want genuine wingers, well he is one of them (despite the fact that he can play 13 and 15 as well).
    Up the Guts likes this.