• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 3 IRE v ARG (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 2300 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

I've got Argy 1-12 + Straya (-15.5).

Loving this match so far, for selfish and non-selfish reasons !

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Argentina took every point on offer to them with the exception of one penalty. I'd be pretty happy with the score if I were them. The drop off in the 2nd quarter would worry me though.

A start to the second half like the first and those worries will evaporate. They'll be over the hill and out of sight.

This Ireland team isn't built to chase down teams.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Argie bench is not crash hot - particularly scrum time. They'll need another 10 points to get their tails up but I still back Ireland from here.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
My feeling is that the Argies will fade after 60. They burnt a lot of emotion in the first 20 mins. They will need another converted try before 60 to carry it home.

Unless they have the game well in hand, they usually tend to fade after 60 -- TRC, New Zealand in the opening round. Even in their win over South Africa, they scored all their tries in the first 42 minutes, and the rest was penalties and a drop goal.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ayerza's attempt to roll away there was almost rugby league-ish, just wiggling and flopping on the ground. Best looked like he was asking "Whadaya doing?"

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That penalty against Sanchez was rough - Murray has form for passing the ball at opposition players coming back on side - he got a warning for it against Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.