• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Argh. So many little things. Sorely disappointed. We need to take this as a building point, and not fall off the cliff here.

Saltiness of Laidlaw notwithstanding, I'm very proud of the boys. Felt we were no chance.

The hot potato offload game can work it seems. Needs a wily scrum though. <3 Nelly.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Why do people always analyse the last penalty? Why is that more important than other penalties that led to points?
You mean the dodgy yellow card?
Why do people fail to view anything neutrally?
We deserved to lose and would have if the ref didn't help a couple times. Happens both ways, we bitch when it's against us but we shouldn't argue it didn't happen when it's for us. Unless we want to come Across all kiwi like

Hemsley

Frank Row (1)
What a game. I noticed Cheika preying before that last penalty kick.
Someone said ealiier. Similar to Ireland game in 1991, could agree more. Those thoughts were running through my head during this game. I was wondering who was going to do a Michael lynagh in the final minute.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
McCalman actually played well. Hooper needed to change his strategy and focus on more turn-overs since poey was out.

Mac played ok, but not as good as last week, and certainly a drop down from Poey unfortunately. Hardly any other Wallabies even played ok.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Well played by the Scots, so close. From an Australian perspective a loss would've been seen as a missed opportunity. So many missed kicks and gifted tries. The wallabies in some ways were their own worst enemy.

Australian scrum was passable at best. I hope Sio isn't too badly injured but it didn't look good. Nel was great for the Scots though.

TK was motm for me. Back to form in a team that needed a weapon without Folau and Pocock.

Now to attempt sleep post cardiac event.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Last penalty was actually off phipps. We shouldn't be through.
Shouldn't be any arrogance on the part of Aussie fans, if we were on the other end of that and the yellow we'd be fucking screaming. And rightly so.

Touching Phipps isn't enough - it has to be ruled that Phipps deliberately played it. If it just came off him the offside players are not put onside. Law 11. Whether Phipps deliberately played it is the question.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Must get them at Scottish Rugby a lot hey;)
Was just annoying. Crowd had been good, with the exception of the card, they were simply vocal rather than the panto-esque atmosphere that sometimes gets going, regardless of whether you think the final decision was a poor one, it's not worth spoiling an otherwise good game.

To a lesser extent, same went for Laidlaws posturing at the end. Yes, post match interviewer is a massive twit asking about those decisions 20 seconds after the final whistle, but you can be a little bit more composed than that.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
And Joubert gifted Australia an advantage with that Maitland yellow that led to an Australia 7. And Joubert gifted Australia the benefit of not referring to the TMO on the most crucial call of the game, and gifted Foley a shot at the posts.

Gifts all around, it's like fucking Christmas around here.
M8, we gave them 16 points for gratis.

How dumb is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.