• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: SCO v RSA (St James Park): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Game over. SAF 34 SCO 16.

No BP for SAF.

No bonus points for me for my margin tip of 24 to the Saffers on Superbru.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Boks looked like orcs in that white get up - seriously, can't they do better than white jersey and shorts for an alternate strip?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Disapointing, maybe if one or two things were different early on, if Hoggys passes didn't go forward, if the try was correctly adjudicated, De Jager given a telling after the shot on Cowan. Saffas were the better side, I simultaneously think the scoreline flattered them, but were equally unlucky not to get the bonus point. We now need the 2nd upset of the century from the Americans to top the pool, but that's not going happen.

Should beat the Samoans based on their performances so far, that'd give us 2nd regardless of the Japan States match.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
South Africa were very average. We're back one dimensional bash it up crap.

Bismarck just hasn't hit the ON button and F Louw is a real passenger.

We're not playing rugby that can win this cup. It's too predictable.

And Henyeke Meyer thanked the lord for the win. I didn't know that God hated Scotland.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

And Henyeke Meyer thanked the lord for the win. I didn't know that God hated Scotland.

Really? I didn't think they were too bad. Maybe it is boring, but by god it is tough to compete against with the monsters you have in your pack. Pure roid rage.

What kind of rugby would you like to see them play - ideally?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Really? I didn't think they were too bad. Maybe it is boring, but by god it is tough to compete against with the monsters you have in your pack. Pure roid rage.

What kind of rugby would you like to see them play - ideally?
A little more variation and quite a bit more intelligence.

This is the problem. The one up bashing it up is too predictable. Australia, your lot and the Oirish have the defense to nullify this kind of play, and have over the last year. We have been at our most dangerous when we vary it more but I fear that Meyer is reverting back to the one dimensional brutish game plan that is too easy to defend when you front up physically.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bokke coming right in time for the important bits of RWC 2015.

Remember that Les Frogges came within a gnats dick of winning the last RWC after they lost a pool game to Tonga.

Bokke know how to play finals footy.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Disapointing, maybe if one or two things were different early on, if Hoggys passes didn't go forward, if the try was correctly adjudicated, De Jager given a telling after the shot on Cowan. Saffas were the better side, I simultaneously think the scoreline flattered them, but were equally unlucky not to get the bonus point. We now need the 2nd upset of the century from the Americans to top the pool, but that's not going happen.

Should beat the Samoans based on their performances so far, that'd give us 2nd regardless of the Japan States match.

Which try wasn't correctly adjudicated? Didn't see any incorrect decisions.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

Which is the way world cups are won. I was happy with that performance, very physically commanding. We probably won't beat the All Blacks if we manage to win a quarter final, but this at least gives us a chance. Airy fairy basketball rugby won't get us near. No world cup I've watched has been won with running rugby - too defence-orientated, and you can lose the ball so easily at the breakdown.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.