• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Tonga v Georgia (Kingsholm) Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Apparently this exchange too place between the ref and Georgian captain:

penalty to Georgia early in the second half and the captain said we'll take the 3. Owens replies something like " i can't give you 3 points but I can let you kick at goal for it"

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That Georgian 8 could be used to scare naughty children.

Great close game which enjoyed....been hoping Georgia would at some stage get into 6 nations as they are better than Italy.

Dour defence won the day for Georgia....they won't score 50 points against a side but equally less likely to have 50 points put on them..

How fantastic it is to see their reaction at end of the game when they won as what RWC all about....ie love seeing the minnows improve and show their wares on the world stage as much as the powerhouses ......what is great about RWC....

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Really enjoyed this game. Georgia's forwards were really good particularly at set piece and in defence. Thought there is first upset of RWC but it certainly got overshadowed by the Cherry / Brave Blossoms.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
How strong are the Georgians! The Tongans are massive, physical humans and they kept getting driven back. Over 200 tackles from Georgia!

Doubt they'll beat Argentina but wouldn't say it's impossible. There'll be a lot to play for.

They surely won't have a chance against the All Blacks, but I bet the kiwis aren't looking forward to playing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.