• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Week 3 matches

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So just one red card for the Italian starting loosehead..........

Can't wait to see what happens to the Italian 17 next.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just for something different - I'm enjoying the design of the balls.
When a 1/2 throws a perfect torpedo pass, the spinning ball looks stationary in the air. Excellent.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think you don't want to be THAT ref that sent two guys from the same team off at once. I feel for Barnes as I think he probably knew 17 deserved to go off as well, but did not want the backlash. He's already endured a bit in his career.

Still, 17 should probably have gotten a yellow at least.

EDIT: Maybe he could have yellow carded both and made a recommendation for the citing commissioner, although I think that is at this stage strictly limited to the opposing team, but I am not sure. The ref should be able to say: "Hey, you're at fault, I'm going to submit a report for the both of ye and have the board decide your ultimate penalty after the match, for now you both get yellow"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ 1 had to be Red, 17 he had the option of Red or Yellow so as you say if he doesn't wanna be "the ref who" then 1 Red 17 Yellow & let the citing commissioner do the rest.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Credit to South Africa, but Italy were simply dreadful. Worst performance for any team so for mine
Yes, it was a poor performance from Italy.

Discipline aside though, the Boks should have made more of the game. I said in a comment on TheRoar the Boks would clear by 30-60, and I was leaning more to 60 privately.

Italy, unlike other teams the Boks will face, were awe-struck with the physicality I think. It is not something they would have experienced before. This Bok side is unlike those of 2016 and 2017 in that regard. They were being massacred from the get-go.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tonga storm back vs the gallic shruggers but damnit the frogs are such jammy bastads.

Fra vs Tonga: 23-21
Fra vs Arg: 23-21