• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC11 'Star'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Ice Toeava, Izzy Dagg (NZ) Manu Tuilagi, Ashton (ENG) H Brussow (RSA) Sione Vatuvei (JAP) QC (Quade Cooper), Diggers, Higgers, Beale, Genia (AUS) Sexton (IRE) Warburton, Hook (WAL) Nalaga (FIJ) Mapusua, A Tuilagi (SAM)...

P

potogold

SEAN O BRIEN...FACT

[video=youtube;BDTmdDhGO50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDTmdDhGO50[/video]

Apostle

Peter Burge (5)
Digby, I reckon, especially if we get through to the final, and even more especially if he pulls out some crazy break dance after a try - you know it's gonna happen.

W

wikman

IMO the obvious short-list would have to include Dan Carter, Will Genia, Morne Steyn and maybe others who play exceptionally well during the tournament.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Complete bias here, but I reckon it could be kurtley. His form has been improving as he has been getting used to playing with the rest of the Wobb backline (remember that he is the only tah in the backline) and I think oppositions will be targeting Diggers, Cooper and Genia heavily.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Eh personally can't see Cooper outplaying Carter in NZ. Carter is ever consistent and unmatched when at his best, which he is on many occasions. I think if it's going to be an Aussie it will have to be Genia or Beale, and for it to be Kurtley he will have to be racking up the points with scintillating tries and menacing kick returns, which we haven't seen of late.

From the kiwi's you'd be tipping McCaw or Carter, I can see Nonu being a long-shot if he gets the ball in hand against the minnows. Of course the Kiwi's would have to win the thing first.. their major obstacle.

Other contenders for mine are: Parrise (FRA), Agulla (ARG), Warburton (WAL), Sexton (IRE), Youngs (ENG), Tuilagi (ENG), Moody (ENG), Brussow (SAF), Lambie (SAF), Botha (SAF), Pocock (AUS), O'Connor (AUS), Smith (NZL), Kaino (NZL).

And crowd favourites Ioane (AUS), Tuilagi (SAM), Samo (AUS), Dagg (NZL) or any other big Fijian/Samoan/Tongan winger

R

Rev Spooner

QC (Quade Cooper) for mine - will either be a disaster or a miracle.

A

antipodean

Warburton. Pity the rest of his team will let him down.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Morne Steyn.

Most points, most droppies, most bombs, most chip kicks, most kicks for corners, most kicks to opponents shins, most kicks to the curb.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
Pocock with 19842 tackles and first to the breakdown 22864 times as well as maybe 16802 turnovers

(figures quoted may be understated...)

08umema

Pocock with 19842 tackles and first to the breakdown 22864 times as well as maybe 16802 turnovers

(figures quoted may be understated...)

Along with three attempts at field goal. I would like to see that haha

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As others have mentioned: Sean O'Brien, Sam Warburton and George North are fine players but unless their teams make the semi-finals it's unlikely that they will be able to show enough to get the gong. I doubt if Ireland or Wales will get that far, though you never know.

Like a lot of NH players, they are virtually unknown to the average rugby fan here but they can play; my word they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.