• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC23 - Pool B - SA, IRE, SCO, TON, ROM

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I like Scotland, I want Scotland to do well, I'm grumpy about Sione and Jack but oh well. Shame that your best form is now, would be an amazing performance to get to the QF. Also unfortunate that you're up first against Ireland when they're fresh. Your best bet IMO is Ireland and SA wreck each other and you get to play a fragile SA.
At the end of the day I'm not willing to have a fourth world cup where the narrative is that factors outside of our control were the reason for our exits.

The teams we're playing against are less than ideal, but we've got the best possible draw to manage our best XV. We've had three games where something close to our best side have played together. We're only missing two of best 20-25 players in Hogg and J Gray. We're playing an exciting brand of rugby that suits our strengths.

This is a team that should be capable of making a semi. And off of consistent high quality performance, not playing one good game after 4 very average ones. As long as the brand and intent are there and there are no slip ups against Tonga & Romania, it doesn't matter to me whether we lose to both, one or neither, we've performed to expectation and done everything possible to make it so.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I've really enjoyed watching Scotland the last 12 months and hope they go through 2nd in the group with Ireland 1st. I am also happy with our draw, hopefully by the time we meet we have both qualified for the quarters.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think this pool has become awful interesting, I think Saffas should end up top of group, but by geez no guarantee, and even Ireland may get knocked out by Scotland if planets align. By geez the thing is reall a pickers nightmare, as a few are! Reckon it's great!

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Pools like this are always great to watch. Having a decent Tonga team in there too makes it even harder for the top 3 teams

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great pool. Having watch the Boks pluck the wings of the ABs on the weekend I'm inclined to back them through but will be supporting everyone else.

It takes massive balls to play a 7-1 bench and assume Kwagga Smith can fill in because of his 7s background. It paid off on the weekend but it's a high risk strategy and one that falls apart pretty swiftly with a few injuries.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Oh absolutely do the Saffer fans as a group simultaneously manage to be both insufferably arrogant and have chip on their shoulder. I hope they get knocked off on the basis of that alone (our Saffer mates here are the exception).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure what Saffas you fellas have met, I have always found them good, certainly no worse than any others I have known in rugby in my time in the game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Dan54 you're positive to a fault!

But it's mainly the online shit after each game, screeching about anti-SA bias and nitpicking every penalty through that lens.

Anyway, I need to feed my schadenfreude as much as my passion.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Not sure what Saffas you fellas have met, I have always found them good, certainly no worse than any others I have known in rugby in my time in the game.

Have a read of a comment thread after any match involving the Bokke. I will agree that many Bok fans I've met in person have been good company, which I can also say about most.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have a read of a comment thread after any match involving the Bokke. I will agree that many Bok fans I've met in person have been good company, which I can also say about most.
Mate take my word for it, I don't judge any nationality by the way some of them post on forums, if I did, I don't think there would be anyone I liked.;):D.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_8756.jpeg