• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S14 Merit Referee panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The first one has been announced for 2009. Myself think this is a very good one or should I say everything that can improve the standards of reffing is always a goodie.

Merit Panel (alphabetical order)

Stuart Dickinson (Australia)
Matt Goddard (Australia)
Marius Jonker (South Africa)
Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa)
Bryce Lawrence (New Zealand)
Mark Lawrence (South Africa)
James Leckie (Australia)
Steve Walsh (New Zealand)

Shadow Panel (alphabetical order)

Paul Marks (Australia)
Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Ian Smith (Australia)

Reserve Bench (alphabetical)

Phillip Bosch (South Africa)
Keith Brown (New Zealand)
Vinny Munro (New Zealand)
Nathan Pearce (Australia)

To find out more the way it works exct
http://www.rugby365.com/laws_referees/home/1375640.htm

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bryce Lawrence is a fucking peanut. The reffing stocks of the Shaky Isles must be sunk low indeed for him to be there. Where's Honiss? Utter twat though he is, at least he's better than Bryce.

I've put my two cents in over at 365.

R

rugbywhisperer

How many think that actually playing the game once in the past would give a referee a better understanding of what might actually be happening?
Paul Marks has NEVER in his life been a player.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/super-rugby-refs-set-for-purge-1.1664743#.Uy9jM4Uiz1A
SANZAR will conduct a purge of its Super Rugby referees at the end of this month, culling all those it believes are not performing.

Lyndon Bray, SANZAR’s referees co-ordinator, told The Australian yesterday, on the eve of round six, that a decision on which members of the 18-strong Super Rugby refereeing cohort would be sacked, demoted or sent down to club rugby would be made by the end of round seven.

“Within the next week or two we will be making decisions that will keep our team extremely accountable,” Bray said.

“There is a lot of pain to go for referees. We are talking about people’s careers, firstly. The fact is they’re either going to get dropped out of the team, which is a significant consequence, obviously, or suffering from the point of view of number and quality of appointments.

"Obviously the militant Argie bloke will be sent back to the Falklands. That f**king whistle of his can be displayed in some f**kin war museum over there for all I care. Lethal weapon! I'm hoping he takes Jaco Peyper with him too. I can't stand how that little wanker seems to take 20 minute shifts just refereeing one bloody team. He absolutely bumfucked my beloved Auckland Blues in one hometown hatchet job last year. James Leckie, he seems like a colossal dick too, he can f**k off. The Van der Merwe bloke? Fired for certain. Hoo-fuckin-ray. In fact, if I know their names then they must be officious glory hog pricks to start with. Why can't we just have anonymous blokes who quietly did the job like in the old days?

“I would always dispute the argument that there is no accountability or no action. There is. I would only say watch this space at the moment because we’re 80 per cent through the process of making some of those decisions.”

Bray said the goal this season was to develop 10-12 referees capable of officiating in any match, no matter how important.

But while he was adamant that as a group the referees had achieved a higher standard of consistency than in any previous year, he made it clear that some officials were not meeting the required standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.