• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S14: The Semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
OK, OK can understand you lot dont want to talk about this but hell I cant get myself for starting to get into a semi final spirit. My two teams to win obvious the cattle lot and sure that lot up north just had to force me in to poach BB2007 avator to get behind those biltong eating Brute lot.

A tough game against the Saders but some interesting stats between this two S14 greats. The Brutes still see ghosts (those lot never forget) from 1999 when Mehtens kicked that droppie and show the Rings crowd the middle finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LXqeh-Upeg

Since then they really climb the CC ladder and with Meyer they sure not only build a tough provincial team but make the bulk of a WC winning Springbok team. The way they play the game make them perfect for business end matches and they sure have the experience plus the heads to do it again. Said it many times before but this lot on current form wont be beat easily specially in the Bull Ring.

The Saders maybe the one team to give them a loss but with their current crop I dont think that will happen. They could not do it two years back with Carter and Deans and surely the Brutes the favourates for 2009.

Vodacom Bulls: 15 Zane Kirchner; 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Jaco Pretorius, 12 Wynand Olivier,11 Bryan Habana; 10 Morn? Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Dewald Potgieter, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Derick Ku?n, 1 Gurthr? Steenkamp. Substitutes: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Rayno Gerber, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Pedrie Wannenburg, 20 Heini Adams, 21 Burton Francis, 22 Gerhard van den Heever.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm looking forward to the semis PB. I cant pick between the Crusaders and the Bulls with the irony being that if the Bulls do win it, I think it will be their backs that make the difference!

Hurricanes to upset Chiefs and to lose the final. ie Bulls or Crusaders to win it.

Mehrtens was class. Love the salute.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am tipping the canes and bulls to get up. Both will be hard games, but the chiefs injuries this week have been enough for to lean towards the Canes despite not having home ground advantage. I think it will take something special from McCaw for the Saders to get up, but I can see the Bulls potting a few field goals to get home.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Glad to see you lot stay with the only team in Blue. Dunno about the Canes. Have watched the Chiefs since their Newlands trip and they sure look like a confident determinated unit. Think the Chiefs at home will win it up front and if they can keep the pressure, the fancy Nunu and kie will drop pill and play like they are due to do. Brutes & Chiefs for me.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I've seen that clip before and never realised he raised thee finger at Loftus. Dickhead. :)

Feeling a tad nervous. Will be watching he game at a mate's house an'd they're all from Canterbury in NZ the bastards.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
I've seen that clip before and never realised he raised thee finger at Loftus. Dickhead. :)

Feeling a tad nervous. Will be watching he game at a mate's house an'd they're all from Canterbury in NZ the bastards.
Welcome back, love that StoetBul! Hope that lot have enough biltong and Charge Office Coffee. At what time will it start locally?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Blue said:

Welcome back, love that StoetBul! Hope that lot have enough biltong and Charge Office Coffee. At what time will it start locally?

11pm. Watching at my Kiwi mate's house. I'll be the lone Bull. Wish me luck.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good Luck Brute Broer!

Just want to add maybe a little bit off topic the Cheetah Stormers incident with Luke Watson. A lot have been write or said when the Cheetah lot jump on him. This is what they actually told look in Boer Taal.

Luke.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cant blame poor Dyllie des Fountain to want to go in there and help his captain. He come from the birth place of Boertaal, must have been a frighting moment for him. :nta:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PaarlBok said:
Good Luck Brute Broer!

Just want to add maybe a little bit off topic the Cheetah Stormers incident with Luke Watson. A lot have been write or said when the Cheetah lot jump on him. This is what they actually told look in Boer Taal.

Luke.jpg

For the sake of everyone else it reads " if you throw up here, you're fucked"

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well done Chiefs, the first cattle stock has done it! Book your plain fior the Ring in the final. 8)

C

chriscullen

Fantastic win by the Chiefs, good game to watch. Cheering on the Crusaders now.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Wynand Olivier has withdrawn (shit, farkit, bums, balls and buggery). Jaco Pretorius moves to 12 with Marius Delport coming in to 13. This is a big blow for the Bulls. Why Julies wasn't considered is beyond me. Delport is a very average player and Pretorius is not suited to 12.

Now I am very worried.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Dunno , maybe a switch with Morne in 12 and Francis in 10 also a good option if things go screwed. saw last night on our TV News butchers have sold double their amount of Biltong and Droee wors in Pretoria. Will be a hot enviroment.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Dunno , maybe a switch with Morne in 12 and Francis in 10 also a good option if things go screwed. saw last night on our TV News butchers have sold double their amount of Biltong and Droee wors in Pretoria. Will be a hot enviroment.

I hope you are not wasting that rump in your avatar by making biltong from it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:

I hope you are not wasting that rump in your avatar by making biltong from it.
Nope I use fillet for biltong and cut out all the senings en velle. :lmao: Welcome back. :thumb

JP Nel now officially finish with SA rugby
SA Rugby.com
Furious Nel off to Japan

Bulls centre JP Nel has expressed his anger with SANZAR, saying he will never play rugby in South Africa again.

This comes after Nel failed in his attempt to overturn a four-week suspension for a stiff-arm tackle on Sharks fullback Stefan Terblanche.

The Bulls defeated the Sharks 27-26 and secured home ground advantage for their Super 14 semi-final clash with the defending champion Crusaders on Saturday. However, the four-week ban has effectively ruled Nel out of the all-important fixture and possible final next weekend.

"My dreams of playing for the Bulls in a final at Loftus have been shattered," Nel said in an interview with Sport 24.

Despite this being Nel?s third suspension in as many years, he feels he has been unfairly branded as a dirty player.

"I very much wanted to return for another Super 14 season next year, but I can't. Any team that picks me now will be running a risk, regardless of what I do. So I'd rather start over in a new place where I can be judged instead of being condemned.

"I played a full season in Japan and thirteen Super 14 matches without so much as a penalty against me. Then there is one incident where I plead my innocence, and I am punished for such a long period. It?s unfair towards me as well as my team."

Nel has decided to return to Japan having secured a deal with club side NTT in the hope of making the national side for the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand.

?I will try to make the Japanese team which will play in the World Cup in New Zealand in 2011. I'll do my best to make that team. I had Bok dreams, but after the suspension I know they won't be realised."

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
I really miss biltong :(
I'll get you some good recepies and make your own ones. Also have some good boerewors ones. Will pm you that if your interested. Easy to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.