• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S15 Rd 1 - Brumbies v Reds, Friday 13th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Brumbies have really hit the ground running, and look the shit. But are they good, very good, or exceptional and are the Reds mediocre, poor or very poor? All I will say is I expected Brumbies to win, but I thought the Reds would be starchier.

With virtually the Wallabies' backline and half the pack, we'd all better hope they are exceptional.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, I wasn't expecting to wheel out a continuation of my "Sack Graham Now" sentiments so early in the season but sadly am not surprised at the result.

Ponies look good even considering the Reds look like they met on the flight down for the first time.

Very disappointed. QRU need to get over the nepotism that put Graham there and pick a coach on merit. Brian Smith would be worth a look.

RG is a nice guy from all reports but he's not a rugby coaches arsehole.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
No one has mentioned the refereeing. I don't think it contributed to the result because the Reds were terrible but I think they were harshly treated on a fair few dubious decisions and it tended to ruin the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you high?

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
No one has mentioned the refereeing. I don't think it contributed to the result because the Reds were terrible but I think they were harshly treated on a fair few dubious decisions and it tended to ruin the contest.

Maybe so. Any particular observations? I thought he did alright. Qld made it hard for him. But I also reckon that in the first half he let the Brumbies contest the breakdown without coming through the gate. He notably fixed that in the 2nd half, but the damage was done.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Reds pigs a disgrace, as was entirely predictable. Graham should and will cop the brunt of the criticism, but the management and back office is equally responsible for not recruiting to fix the problem after an extremely poor 2014 season in that area.

It's going to be a long, long season for Queensland fans.

Well done Brumbies.

Really I thought the Reds recruited very well. They have ably covered all positions in the side and have some good development players. On paper they have a far better pack than the Tahs or the Rebels. What I see is the way those resources are being deployed following the same patterns as last year which had massive issues right from the trials and that didn't change all year. The Reds had very poor discipline all year as well and that too doesn't seem to have changed, though that may well be an artifact of the forwards constantly having to run back around to try ad make the breakdowns both on attack and defence.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think any 10 could ever play well in a team that played like that. Reds utterly useless in all facets of the match, including any of the actual rules if the game.

I just don't see how anyone can possibly defend a coach like Richard: when capable players on mass perform so poorly in every basic facet of the game, it can only be the coaching.

Slipper, the word you were looking for was not "disappointing". It was "disgraceful".

How does it serve the good of australian rugby to have prospective wallabies coached by a retard for 6months leading up to a World Cup such that they don't even know the absolute basics of the game?

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I like that KH doesn't speak like "The boys done good".

Agrees, as a Reds fans that was refreshing to hear his frustration and putting it out there like he did with the post match interview, no pussy footing around like most captains here in Aus do with a loss.

He just went up a notch for me,

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That performance by the Reds was about as pretty as a dog with rabies.

I won't go into specifics - they've already been covered.

Brumbies were excellent.

Congratulations Ben Alexander and Will Genia on 100 caps.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Have to say that Nic White put on a masterclass in No 9 play tonight. But the Brumbies dominated across the ground.

Kerevi and Gill were strong for the Reds, but both were outplayed by their opposites. Can't say much for the rest of them.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
10987579_1045725708774608_8628225437391099907_n.jpg

It was not just the Reds who had a shocker - add Fox Sports to the list.

GK93

Frank Row (1)
Well that was definitely one of the worst performances post-championship year. I thought Hunt played okay from the ground but I do agree with most of you that he was always deep and the Brumbies had a field day picking him off. Kerevi impressed me tonight with the ball, he ran the ball hard up the middle. The forwards were a complete disgrace, nothing else. It'd seem sour grapes to mention the ref but at times in that first half it seemed like it was one set of rules at the breakdown for the brumbies and another for us. Ah well, on to rd 2

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
Really I thought the Reds recruited very well. They have ably covered all positions in the side and have some good development players. On paper they have a far better pack than the Tahs or the Rebels.

I guess we read different papers, Gnostic... or do we read the same ones differently?;)

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Maybe so. Any particular observations? I thought he did alright. Qld made it hard for him. But I also reckon that in the first half he let the Brumbies contest the breakdown without coming through the gate. He notably fixed that in the 2nd half, but the damage was done.
The Hunt shoulder was shit. Fainga'a going over the ruck when there was no ruck formed, Horwill off side when the ball was thrown to him, again no ruck formed, reds off feet when under pressure when the brums had gone off their feet first and tackled the player on the ground. I didn't say I thought the Reds were robbed, I just thought it was poorly refereed.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hunt - 5 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 1 run, 201 kicking metres.

edit: He is not a 10. Surely Graham can't pick him there again.

seriously - you need to give up on your khunt hate as there were waaaaay more important failings with the reds:

1. poor forward pack (slippers runs excepted)
2. poor contact
3. poor distribution from the base of the ruck - genia must be the only 1/2 in australia who can NOT pass from the base of the ruck
4. poor discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.