• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA Rugby- Looking a Bit Broken Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
...Handre Pollard is the future in my view and Meyer was instrumental in securing him for the Bulls...

Two points.

Firstly I hope you are wrong about Meyer's influence in Pollard's move to the Bulls. He finished school in 2012 when Meyer was already Bok coach for a year. Pretty fucked up of the national coach to be luring to a team he should in theory have nothing to do with.

Secondly, he has had exactly one good senior game. Give him a run of games before declaring him the anointed one.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I don't think that's true at all. He has been piss poor in France. Where is he suddenly going to find form?

And in any case, Meyer was leaning towards Lambie anyway and I believe as long as Lambie is playing reasonably well, he will be good enough for Meyer.

With Lambie injured, he may fall back on Steyn which will really be a pity. The Boks played better rugby when Lambie played last year.

IMO, Meyer believes strongly in a core of established players > individual skill. Morne Steyn is part of the core group. At this point I don't think Meyer would change a player in this key position, and I think he'll stick with Steyn.

I could be wrong of course, I'm just giving my view on what I think will happen. I said nothing about Steyn's form or lack of.

Status
Not open for further replies.