• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA S14 Teams 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Saw you lot got one per franchise for your teams and think I'll update you on our teams.

We are just past halfway with our local CC and have a good picture of what will happen next year in the S14.

The two teams that have the best fixture list sure have to be the Bulls and specially the Stormers. The Sharks this time have their away and difficult part first, the Cheetahs look much better now but the Lions in trouble.

The Bulls have lost Habana to the Stormers and have already signed the Griqua quick Basson in his place. Not m,uch change here.

The Sharks have add Hernandez to their team but he dont look that good to me and still try to find his feet in our CC way of rugby.

The Stormers sure look different and building nice through the CC. They loose Jean, Watson and Grant but sure have poach big with Habana and Jac Fourie. Add Anton van Zyl from the Lions and a ever improving tight 5 and youngsters like Duvenhage, Juan de Jongh from nowhere, Francois Louw, Fourie and the best fatty scrummager in Wicus Blaauw in SA at the moment and they sure mean business in 2010. They also have one more home game and a very short tour next year.

The Cheetahs look a bit the same old same but next year you'll see of their own home talent like Ebersohn strengthen them. I expect the Cheetahs to be a real force when they and the Stormers Academy start producing their talent to top level. de Jongh the first one for the Stormers.

The Lions have Jake White and Eddie Jones full time busy try to get them ready. They are at the bottom at the moment and a tough year ahead of them.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I have some sad new for you Paarl old boet. 2010 is the year of the Waratahs.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Really looking forward to seeing how Hernandez goes at the Sharks. When he's on song, he's a very very good player indeed.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah - JMH is one of my favourites though maybe it's the insouciant style of how he plays rather than the substance that appeals. I used to like watching Mark Waugh bat too and replay my Sugar Ray Robinson DVD regularly.

It is good to see these European players like Michalak and JMH play in the Super14 - and yeah I know JMH is from Argentina but his play is all European.

Habana and Jaque Fourie will be huge acquisitions for the Stormers but it will be their forwards that will have to improve for them to finish higher in 2010.

I wonder how the Bulls fans will react to Habana when he plays next at Ellis Park.

As for Fourie - well, he has been loyal to the Lions for a long time but you can't blame him for moving on. He has been like a swan in the duck pond for too many years. It is disappointing for fans to see their best players move on but some guys just need a change to freshen themselves up.

How is that dispute with Clermont working out for Jaque? They claim to have a written commitment from him - and the Golden Lions Currie Cup outfit reckon they have a commitment for next year also.

Jaque is a top player but it's going to be tough for him to be playing two games every Saturday in different countries.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jac Fourie just married and Habana getting married move to the Stormers I am sure had all to do about lifestyle change then rugby. Habana has been offered more then double the Bulls was prepared to fork out and he'll finish the CC with them before moving to the Stormers. Jac Fourie had a basic flaw in his contract and I honestly cant see the Lions retain him
A misprint in Jaque Fourie’s contract will not jeopardise the Lions’ chances of keeping their player, according to the union’s CEO Manie Reyneke.

The dispute between the Lions and WP heads for a SA Rugby jurisdiction, with Fourie intent on a move to Cape Town. In Fourie’s contract with the Lions, it is stated he is employed as a technical adviser, not as a player, but Reyneke believes this won’t undermine the credibility of the deal.

‘With all due respect, anyone can make a mistake,’ Reyneke told keo.co.za. ‘Since 2008, Jaque has accepted money as a player on that contract, that will be the weakest argument if they adopt it. That is not a blow to its credibility at all.’

Fourie’s agent, Peet van Zyl, said this wasn’t the main avenue they were basing their move to get his player out of the deal.

‘It is stated in the contract that he is a technical adviser, but there are other aspects we are looking at pursuing,’ Van Zyl told this website.

It has also been suggested that there is a clause that states if Fourie provides one month’s written notice, the contract can be terminated.

‘That’s not true,’ Reyneke said with a laugh. ‘Why would I sign a three-year deal so we can let him go after a month? We all signed it, and it was a collective agreement with Sarpa [South African Rugby Players' Association].

‘The fact of the matter is, Jaque has signed until October 2010. It’s the same as the Bakkies Botha saga [where Botha tried to get out of his deal to leave to Toulon last year]. I fail to understand how one union can keep their player [Botha], and how we won’t be able to. WP are just using a tactic to upset the relationship between a player and his union, and I think it’s high time SA Rugby does something about it.

‘I will hold Jaque to his contract.’

Reyneke said the Lions were there for Fourie throughout the periods he was injured, and this was the basis of why contracts are signed between the respective parties.

‘If Jaque was injured right now and not playing, we’d be held to that contract and would honour it and pay him his salary every month. Jaque and his agent would expect us to do that. The players, agents and employers sign contracts and they must be honoured.

‘We sign them to protect everyone.’
Now the Stormers technical advisor Frikkie Erasmus is Rassie's broer and he is a very sly liar lawyer when it come to player contracts (remember the Mujatsi one) and surely Mossie will play for WP in the CC as soon as the Bokke return next week.

Regarding the Stormers pack I can assure you Wicus Blaauw is THE LH fatty in SA at the moment. He just about destroyed all the teams in the scrums, add Liebenberg who is one hellofa 2 and Rassie still have young JC Kritinzer to help Brok Harris in TH. WP U21s is prividing them with the necessary backup and a lot of young talent there and the U19s no differense. The lock stock is also healhty with Anton van Zyl, Andries Bekker, Fondse , Lobberts and Muller from the U21s. Loose forwards a cupboard full of talent with Schalk, Francois Louw, Duanne Vermeulen, Pieter Louw before the U21s can add. Young backs like Duvenhage, Joe Pietersen, de Jongh, exct is totally different players comppare to a year back.

Hell we first have to win the CC. :yay but I am excited with my beloved province.

Status
Not open for further replies.