• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SA vs NZ S14 clashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
I dunno if he'll handle the Newlands faithful that well and will be under a bit of pressure here.

Stuie'll be fine. Newlands could be Nepean Park as far as Stuie's concerend. Rugby supporters have been calling for refs to whistle by the book for the last so many years, Stuie always has and now people say he's a shit ref. He's not and never has been. A bit nit-picking at times but never incompetent.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
See DickHeadSon will ref this one. The Stormers will know him very well by now and wont mind him one bit.

PB, Mate, can I hold you to that? :)
Sure, dont know if the Saders will agree but the Stormers will know his ways now. I dunno if he'll handle the Newlands faithfull that well and will be under a bit of pressure here.

Dickenson is the last thing I would worry about if I were you. I'd be more concerned about Carter and McFlopandLieonthewrongside hitting form.
Ja sure I am not worried about Stuie . The Stormers players have played better then I thought on tour, adobting to all the reffing , hope they keep it this way, but then I know they'll be higher on the passion levels playing in front of a pack Newlands and do stupid things.

Its McCaws 100th super match but I am not worried about him. The Stormers trio has been great all season at the breakdowns. Carter , dunno, maybe?

Hope the Stormers plays a quick wide game and forget about kicking and being conservative. We have summer weather this side and hope it'll stay.

S

Spook

Very impressive again. And puts a big dent in the Saders points differential. Gee the Stormers have the measure of the Kiwis.

C

chief

Great performance tonight, was fantastic seeing a NZ team get penalised for slow ball, and illegal counter rucking. What a change. Stormers are looking very very good.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
2 S14 records, Stormers the first SA team to do the Kiwi slam and a record S14 crowd for a friday match.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
2 S14 records, Stormers the first SA team to do the Kiwi slam and a record S14 crowd for a friday match.

The Newlands crowd approve Mr Dickinson? :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ja he had a great game. McCaw will have to adobt, he poach a few tho. Our scrum struggle but the rest was top class and credit to Proudfoot, the fatties played for 80 mins full volume.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
PB, that was a great win, hard to see the Stormers getting beaten if they have a home final. Fouries' first try was fantastic, one of the best individual tries all year!...

S

Spook

Just shows you the Brumbies win at Newlands was the best of any Aussie side thus far.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You might just be right, Spookie.
Can the Brumbies back it up? If they played like that, they could give any team a real run. Unfortunately, like the Tahs, the good is hidden amongst a lot of dross this year. And yet both teams are still contending?
I hope the 3 Aussie teams in contention all step up. I doubt the Tahs will.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Tin Ears finally get a scalp and beating the Blues semi asperirations. Sarel Petoors played a flippen blinder!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thanks, PB. That is interesting. I am a Dickinson advocate - he's knowledgeable, consistent and not swayed by the moment. It's instructive to watch players' reactions to Dickinson's decisions - there is very rarely any dissent. Captains seem to have productive relationships with him to get and keep the game going.

I think your man got it right - Dickinson is analyzable because of his consistency, unlike many others.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Cant understand that empty post and Biffo read my post? :nta:

Anyway Brutes team for friday
Zane Kirchner, Gerhard van den Heever, Jacques-Louis Potgieter, Wynand Olivier, Francois Hougaard, Morné Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Pierre Spies, Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegmann, Victor Matfield (c), Danie Rossouw, Werner Kruger, Gary Botha, Gurthrö Steenkamp.

Replacements: Bandise Maku, Bees Roux, Bakkies Botha, Derick Kuün, Jaco van der Westhuyzen, Stephan Dippenaar, Pedrie Wannenburg.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
PaarlBok said:

Zane Kirchner, Gerhard van den Heever, Jacques-Louis Potgieter, Wynand Olivier, Francois Hougaard, Morné Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Pierre Spies, Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegmann, Victor Matfield (c), Danie Rossouw, Werner Kruger, Gary Botha, Gurthrö Steenkamp.

Replacements: Bandise Maku, Bees Roux, Bakkies Botha, Derick Kuün, Jaco van der Westhuyzen, Stephan Dippenaar, Pedrie Wannenburg.

Feck.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
DPK said:
PaarlBok said:

Feck.
Boet do like our Bakkies?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
PaarlBok said:
DPK said:
PaarlBok said:

Feck.

If you had asked me, NO...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
PaarlBok said:
DPK said:
PaarlBok said:

Feck.

I respect him, he's pretty scary.

BTW, two questions Mr PB, one, does boet mean like bro?
And second, dyou reckon Van Heerden is a chance for the Bok's squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.