• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Saffas bring game into disrepute - armband nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
What could the possible 'legal technicalities' be for not imposing greater fines/punishment.

The ridiculously low size of the penalties almost condones the south african's actions. It is disgusting.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Scotty said:
What could the possible 'legal technicalities' be for not imposing greater fines/punishment.

Who would institute any actions?

Whole things shows how weak the IRB is. No surprises consider the farcicial judiciary standards.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, does it? But like you say, we are talking about the IRB here.

G

Geronimo

Sadly, while I don't condone their dummy spitting actions, there was no way Bakkie's action should have led to the suspension he got. I wish Aussie forwards would show that sort of aggression!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Uh... eye gouging the fuck out of someone and attacking their face generally with serious intent right in front of the camera. The stupid prick should have got more.

We had a guy mumble that the ref was a fucking idiot in earshot of him, and he got 6 weeks. The whole Saffer establishment should forfeit a week's pay for defiance of an IRB-approved ban.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Confusing Burger with Bakkies there Nicko. The protest was over Botha getting two weeks for launching into a ruck with no arms or attempt at binding.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
the gambler said:
Confusing Burger with Bakkies there Nicko. The protest was over Botha getting two weeks for launching into a ruck with no arms or attempt at binding.

Ah that's ok Gambler, you know us saffers all look the same. O0

By the way what ban did out guys defy? We cause so much kak I can't seem to keep up these days. ;)

K

kiwi007

Next time wear head bands to hide your circumcision marks you bunch of whinging dickheads :baxter:

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
kiwi007 said:
Next time wear head bands to hide your circumcision marks you bunch of whinging dickheads :baxter:

that's one way to pop your cherry on this site. very constructive...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
kiwi007 said:
Something tell me I had to take a few weeks break :nta:, good luck for saturday, hope the Bokke win this saturday, 1 point will do but a four try bonuspoint will be better, just to keep the winging dickhead like myself satified. :thumb

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Paarl, I think Mr Kiwi is referring to the Wallabies whinging about Baxter's harsh treatment.

I think.

You never can be sure with FUCKWITS like Kiwi007.

(It's good to be the king.)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
one hit wonder???

:yay :yay :yay :salute :salute :salute

don't let the door hit ya!!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Not banned yet. I like to have my friends close and my enemies closer.

Even CHISELHEAD got to 50 posts.

I was just establishing a hierarchy of me here ...

... and Kiwi007 here.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
the gambler said:
but then we wouldnt have PB apparently ;)

Ja, you'll be glad if this old dick head go?

Remember we discuss the ref thing the other day. Just saw now Willie Doos had been throw with Charge Office Coffee after a match between the biltong eaters at the Groot Gat after he gave two yellows against them when they played the Brutes and quit reffing.

SARugby.com
Roos quits after 'brandy-gate' incident
Test referee Willie Roos has resigned from refereeing, prompting Andre Watson, referees’ manager of the South African Rugby Union, to call on rugby supporters to return to traditional rugby values of respect towards officials.

Roos retired from refereeing after 15 years of training and experience after he was abused and had a drink flung in his face in Kimberley following an Absa Currie Cup Premier Division match. Some supporters blamed Roos for GWK Griquas’ defeat after they earned two yellow cards in the final ten minutes and succumbed to a late score from the Vodacom Blue Bulls.

Roos is taking legal action against his assailant in Kimberley.

“We have been working hard to recruit more referees and have seen a six percent increase in our numbers, but incidents like this and the criticism and abuse that our officials receive both from the stands and from the attendant publicity violates the spirit of rugby,” said Mr Watson.

“It takes many years and tens of thousands of rands to bring a referee through the ranks to be able to officiate at Absa Currie Cup level, and to lose one because of the actions of a few hot-headed supporters and ill-informed media comment is desperately wasteful from a rugby point of view and personally very sad for Willie Roos.

“I’d like to thank him and pay tribute to him for the many thousands of hours he has given to the game in usually unglamorous surroundings and at times that have taken him away from his family. We tried to talk him out of his decision, but he told us that ‘enough is enough’.”

In his letter of resignation Roos said that refereeing had given him many great friends and taken him all over the world, but that his passion for the game had gone.

“I have made mistakes in my career but they were never intentional and I always tried my best. But I fail to understand how the decisions of referees are blamed for winning and losing matches but those of coaches and players are not.

“I was taught never to swear at or criticise players or coaches when I was a youngster but I have experienced it in abundance – particularly in the last two years. The off-the-field abuse has caused considerable embarrassment and heartache to me and my family and this latest incident told me it was time to quit the game I love and cherish.”

Watson said that Roos’s application of the Law leading to the yellow carding of two GWK Griquas players against the Vodacom Blue Bulls could not be faulted, from a Law point of view. He added that replacing a referee of Roos’s calibre and experience was far from straightforward.

“He has refereed nine Test matches, 14 Vodacom Super games and more than 30 Absa Currie Cup matches. Experience like that takes seasons to accumulate,” said Watson.

“Willie was one of the top ten referees in South Africa and it is tragic to lose him at the tender age of 34, when he should have been available to service SA Rugby for at least ten more years.

“The Kimberley match was the last straw in the Willie’s case. Referees know that our role is potentially controversial and that there will definitely be criticism, but when it becomes physical and personal in nature, then a line has been crossed.

“Whilst we have a policy of admitting mistakes in public and continuously attempting to educate the public and supporters regarding the law and its application, we find it increasingly irrational to blame everything on the refereeing every time.

Mr Oregan Hoskins, president of the South African Rugby Union, backed the appeal for a return to traditional values.

“Apart from our top four referees, every other referee operating in South Africa – such as Willie – is a volunteer,” said Mr Hoskins. “We are in a dire situation in terms of referee numbers in this country – we have 1 800 when we need 8 000 – and if we are not careful there is a growing danger that more and more club and school matches will be refereed by someone pulled off the touchline.”

Watson added: “They are asked to operate in an environment where they are the only scapegoat on any given match-day – which is unfair and suggests we as a nation have forgotten those values of respecting the officials and the game that we were taught at school.

“We wish Willie all the best for the future and hope that he will make himself available for other duties in the refereeing fraternity, to give us the value of his experience, in the future.”

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Not at all PB. And I never suggested you were a dickhead. Was just using your own comment to stir you.

Obviously Ref hating is not just an Australian thing. Based on that report and the infamous ref tackle a few years ago a person prone to stereotyping could suggest all Saffas are abusive ref bashers that instead of whinging take actions into their own hands. :fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.