• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SANZAR/Super rugby future format

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Know its a bit off the topic, but a good time to clear the channels. What happen to my favourate mod or mob, Thomo & Jury? Havent heard a word in ages from them. Saw just a glimps the other day of Jury but is worried my boet is still alive and well?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Not sure about Jury. Thomond has handed back the Scarf and resigned as a moderator. I'll quote here what I wrote to him.

Cheers mate. You've done a terrific service to international rugby relations. One of things that distinguished the Scarf from other boards was having you and Jury on the mod team, and a positive attitude towards non-Aussies.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts to get on board with the Scarf from such an early stage, and helping to make it a success. Three cheers.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
Not sure about Jury. Thomond has handed back the Scarf and resigned as a moderator. I'll quote here what I wrote to him.

Cheers mate. You've done a terrific service to international rugby relations. One of things that distinguished the Scarf from other boards was having you and Jury on the mod team, and a positive attitude towards non-Aussies.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts to get on board with the Scarf from such an early stage, and helping to make it a success. Three cheers.
Pitty, hope he'll still post. Will throw him a PM. Saw Jury the other day logged in for a minute or two, havent see anything from him on TSF also.

Keep up the good work. Must say most of us (myself included) have to learn the art not to react. Type the reaction but dont hit the enter button, but hell at times its difficult. Lindommer, the ref gave me some tips from time to time to learn that skill. A bit of head but here and there OK.

U

Utility Back

Assuming we'ver all seen the future format that will involve a 6 team final series, but does anyone know if we are going to get a six team final series next year!?
would have loved to have seen one this year, and i know its in the plans for a super 15, but i have not once read anything about next year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Utility Back said:
Assuming we'ver all seen the future format that will involve a 6 team final series, but does anyone know if we are going to get a six team final series next year!?
Pretty sure thats what we going to get.

Here we go.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,25509807-5002381,00.html

The six-team final series will consist of the three conference winners and three wildcard teams with the three wildcard teams and the conference winner with the least competition points to play an elimination round in order to advance to the semi-finals.

U

Utility Back

Yeah but next we wont have three conferences next year, still only 4 teams inoz.

everything ive read talks about in 2011, no idea about next year but because its still a super 14, not 15

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh sorry, everything will stay the same as it is. Think they had talks in this regard last year but it was rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.