• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SBW to the Stormers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So in the same article it says Cooper is confirmed but then later on says they have started negotiations with players and their employers. I find it hard to believe the ARU would approve something like this for Cooper especially coming off his knee injury.

That is unless he's planning on not being employed by the ARU at the tournament time.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
So in the same article it says Cooper is confirmed but then later on says they have started negotiations with players and their employers. I find it hard to believe the ARU would approve something like this for Cooper especially coming off his knee injury.

That is unless he's planning on not being employed by the ARU at the tournament time.
The tournament is in December. Pretty sure by then Cooper and his employer forgot he was injured.

W

Waylon

He left mid contract because of a dispute over the treatment of some of the younger players in the club

Stop it.......my sides are aching

Huh? He joined Crusaders to try his luck at making the All Blacks for the World Cup

his real agenda

His contract was up and he said he wanted to move closer to home.....

Must have missed his mummy?

Loyalty isn't part of his creed.

Now SBW runs the media? I haven't seen a quote from him about it at all.

living under that rock............everybody else has seen him dribbling about his future..........which isn't at the Chiefs by the way

Boxing professionally is in his contract, I think that indicates that it was given a bit of consideration considering he and his employer have both obviously signed it.. Most of the top NZ players now pick up short term contracts in the offseason to play stints in France or Japan, you don't hear a word about having no consideration for their employers about being injured or missing matches.

Poor management. The team should come first

Obviously not to the highest bidder, otherwise he would have been in France or Japan years ago.

He was.......and he'll be going back

Lets just agree to disagree

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

To save members wasting valuable minutes of their lives by clicking on the link I’ve decided to pick out the really relevant bits from Bret Harris’s article in The Australian:
Stormers could make play for both Quade Cooper and Sonny Bill Williams, Bret Harris writes
“Speculation in the South African media linking Sonny Bill Williams to the Stormers has raised the tantalising prospect of Quade Cooper moving to the Rainbow Nation.
“Williams's manager, Khoder Nasser, is in Cape Town, exploring commercial opportunities.

“Nasser reportedly said that Williams enjoyed Cape Town and would seriously consider an offer from the Stormers.

“there has been strong speculation he will leave the Chiefs in New Zealand to return to the NRL with Sydney Roosters next year

“it has long been thought Williams and Cooper could be sold as a package deal

“If Williams went back to the NRL, Nasser's trip to Cape Town could open the gates of Newlands to Cooper.

“Cooper is looking likely to join a French club.

“If Cooper could sign a contract that enabled him to play for the Stormers and Saracens, it could be more lucrative than a deal with a French club.

“Cooper would put bums on seats at Newlands and Vicarage Road

“In this scenario, Cooper could earn a pot of gold and then return to Australia in time to play for the Wallabies at the 2015 World Cup in England.

“It does not sound like such a crazy idea now, does it?”
There’s no way of letting you down gently, Bret. Now that you’ve explained it all it’s crystal clear that it’s an absolutely fuck-witted idea, or rather a mélange of absolutely fuck-witted ideas.

But to paraphrase dear old Brock: “I don’t blame you son, I blame Rupert.” He’s the one that’s paying you to write this shit.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Don't want either honestly but I do believe with the time zone and the support that SBW will get from boxing and Rugby especially in the coloured community it would be a smart move financially for both. Don't think the Stormers have a problem with the gate been receipts been the most successful franchise in super Rugby S15 if I am correct?

Most importantly is who would not want to live in Cape Town!!!!!

C

Cave Dweller

I do not want to be the spoiler but its that time of the year again. This thread has been funny but its look like a classic newspaper ploy setting up everyone Aprils Fool :)

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
It's all rampant bollox designed to drive up a player's media profile and get a competitive bidding process going that drive's a player's comp up...

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
My sources say this is why the salary cap is being raised in Australia.

I would like to think you are right, Schadenfreude, about the salary cap being raised but "my sources" tell me the ARU is trying to take the opposite approach.

Time will tell.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
My sources say this is why the salary cap is being raised in Australia.

I should also point out I dont have "sources"

There seems to be a logical disconnect here, Schadenfreude. Either way, I hope for the sake of Australian rugby that what you suggested is correct, although I think that our franchises struggle to stay solvent and don't have much capacity to fund higher salaries..

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Never mind me - it's just my social comment on the value of "unnamed sources". Like the post on here a while ago saying "My mates who are Wallabies said..."

.. but I'll stop before I continue to veer wildly off topic.

C

Cave Dweller

There seems to be a logical disconnect here, Schadenfreude. Either way, I hope for the sake of Australian rugby that what you suggested is correct, although I think that our franchises struggle to stay solvent and don't have much capacity to fund higher salaries..
Do not worry the SH got a rich sugar daddy looking after the Super Rugby Franchises.

I

International Badboy

Nasser is a dropkick and so are the stormers for thinking Sonny is anywhere near interested in them. By going to South Africa he would leave his stardom in NZ and AUS which he will never do

Status
Not open for further replies.