1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scarf Awards 2009 - nominations thread

Discussion in 'G&GR Scarf Awards 2009' started by Scarfman, Sep 30, 2009.

1. TheRiddler Dave Cowper (27)

Re: Scarf Awards - 2009 - nominations please

How about these:

The Timana Award - for walking away from a debate when you got found out, it all got too hard and signed up with Planet Rugby instead

The Lote Award - for (allegedly) starting a topic with someone who was too young to add any valid contribution (and came from a respectful Canberra family)
  2. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

And we have a front-runner for the Dingo Award for "What the hell did he just say??" ;) Love your work PB!
  3. Blue Andrew Slack (58)

Dinkum, dead set Boer Aussie. (I have a poster of Pauline on my wall.)

Except when the Bulls and Boks play rugby :)

Rathbone? Pah! A pommie bastard whose family stopped over in Natal and his Granny had a flirt with an Aussie.
  4. Scorz Syd Malcolm (24)

Genia/Richard Brown? Rocky Elsom/Nathan Sharpe? Or do you mean poster nominations?
  5. Scarfman Knitter of the Scarf

I'll spell it out Scorz. I reckon both the Ray and Josef are lay-down miseres for Mr Naz Naza of O'Sullivan Road, Bellevue Hill, New South Wales.
  6. spectator Bob Davidson (42)

What about "Best new poster" - qualification to be less than 50 posts? There have been some good new additions to the forum of late.
  7. Biffo Ken Catchpole (46)

We have a serious contender for worst speller/ typist of the year :lmao:
  8. Lee Grant John Eales (66)

Most long-winded with extra points for digressions.

Modesty does not permit me to suggest a candidate.
  9. Spook

The Rugby Historian Award:
    - Lee Grant, Biffo, Lindommer
  10. Biffo Ken Catchpole (46)

Instantly overtaken by PB's Afrikaans posts. PB is out on his own.
  11. louie Bob Davidson (42)

Best Facts: Lee

Most Logical: Scotty

Most Wise: Lee
  12. PaarlBok Rod McCall (65)

Sorry Biff will get the direct link for Blue. Its about a white Boer kiddie that have met Habana in person at a restuarant and he become his big hero even higher then your late Crocodile Dundee and Bakkies Botha. Then he saw Habana is now going to WeePee and had a prayer that Habanas new team will loose in future. Story written by by his mum. You'll only find this in Bulls country, in NO other place on planet earth.

Link:http://www.dieburger.com/Content/By..._Jesus,_lat_Habana_se_span_asseblief_verloor_
  13. Scorz Syd Malcolm (24)

Well, I won't argue with you. I'd put a vote forward for Gagger (Wallabies) in the Ray category. No offense meant mate but that video of the Wobbs, well Baxter, getting whistled off the park. "Georgia.. Georgia..." ;)
  14. Newb Trevor Allan (34)

waratahjesus stakes a claim. again, no offense.
  15. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

JUSTICE 4 AL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SYO3tNit2c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dguiAonFsP4
  16. Scotty David Codey (61)

I second this category, sort of like rookie of the year. Not sure it needs to be limited to 50 posts though.

Scarfie,

Are you going to collate the official categories and then start a new thread for nominations only? Or do we just go ahead and keep jumbling them into this thread?
  17. Scarfman Knitter of the Scarf

OK, Rookie is a good category, here's a list of names that might fit - joined in the last 12 months:
    - The Riddler, cheezel, eddo, louie, epi, newb, sagerian, steiner, rugbywhisperer, waratahjesus

Should we have "Most Missed Poster"? Not that many people have left. Red Bull and Jury are obvious candidates for mine. Or formeropenside. Or CHISELHEAD.

I reckon keep the ideas and nominations coming in this thread until the end of the week, then I'll put up the Polls up for each category.
  18. Scarfman Knitter of the Scarf

Just thought of another one. How about the Alan Jones Award for services to schoolboy rugby. Lee? RW? Paarl? Keen for this one, or pass?
  19. Scorz Syd Malcolm (24)

How about "The Mat the Bogun Rogers Award" for switching from one forum to another. Go on, nominate me. :)
  20. Scotty David Codey (61)

Rookie of the Year - rugbywhisperer (although I get a feeling he wouldn't consider himself a 'rookie' in any other facet of life)

Thanks Louie - is it that obvious I'm an engineer?