• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Time to call Wibble

Blackadder_Tribute_by_Finchley.jpg

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
News flash - new GPS sport, latest chess game between headmasters - gang of 5 and Scots college: gang of 5 after losing many games through mud in public before thinking, there has been an interesting development, the gang of 5 have now split and are running there own way after they realized they through mud to quickly without all facts, no wonder they are losing courage. Rumour has it they will all be friends again soon because they can't recognize each other because of all the mud. Seems like Scots have won that game too, and I don't think any of them are on scholarships, much to the joy of the spectators. It also looks like the reporters lost their second round challenge when it was shown that the first reporter at the herald that through mud, didn't have all facts as shown by the more skilled reporter from the daily telegraph who first reported evidence that dodgy tales of herald may not be full story and seemed to have more believable facts in article" the truth about Scots college basketball", which was the topic that started the debate. So don't worry kids all the mud is being cleaned up after all mud has been thrown- maybe a month from now? Unless there is a new starter in the game, that can throw mud faster and better , and has less facts.

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
News flash - new GPS sport, latest chess game between headmasters - gang of 5 and Scots college: gang of 5 after losing many games through mud in public before thinking, there has been an interesting development, the gang of 5 have now split and are running there own way after they realized they through mud to quickly without all facts, no wonder they are losing courage. Rumour has it they will all be friends again soon because they can't recognize each other because of all the mud. Seems like Scots have won that game too, and I don't think any of them are on scholarships, much to the joy of the spectators. It also looks like the reporters lost their second round challenge when it was shown that the first reporter at the herald that through mud, didn't have all facts as shown by the more skilled reporter from the daily telegraph who first reported evidence that dodgy tales of herald may not be full story and seemed to have more believable facts in article" the truth about Scots college basketball", which was the topic that started the debate. So don't worry kids all the mud is being cleaned up after all mud has been thrown- maybe a month from now? Unless there is a new starter in the game, that can throw mud faster and better , and has less facts.
yipee, a new mud throw champion has just revealed . That the gang of five when presented with facts left the fight because each one of them had more students on freebies and burseries than Scots or just as much, and when people looked at the web pages of the gang of 5 it was confirmed under there own scholarships pages that they provide the same system, percentages- it made interesting reading. Pressure is really on gang of 5 now because they now have no excuses for there losses, parents are demanding results and headmasters need to find more mud now. Look quickly before they take them down so they are not going to receive more mud thrown at them. And the source who knows someone at the herald told him so - my goodness what a story this will be. All facts verified by the people in article.Someone else refused to give me a comment - or did I just skip that part

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
yipee, a new mud throw champion has just revealed . That the gang of five when presented with facts left the fight because each one of them had more students on freebies and burseries than Scots or just as much, and when people looked at the web pages of the gang of 5 it was confirmed under there own scholarships pages that they provide the same system, percentages- it made interesting reading. Pressure is really on gang of 5 now because they now have no excuses for there losses, parents are demanding results and headmasters need to find more mud now. Look quickly before they take them down so they are not going to receive more mud thrown at them. And the source who knows someone at the herald told him so - my goodness what a story this will be. All facts verified by the people in article
Can you give us the links? Otherwise this stuff reads like a cross between a televangelist and the ravings of someone claiming to have been abducted by aliens

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
You guys are the ones putting links in I just Google it, try scholarships at for instance at , kings, new, all the others etc just like all the ones around the country you can find if you want to look. I found it on my phone surely you can find it on a computer, you cut and paste if you dare. Or can you only find links and cut and paste the ones you want to find. Don't make me waste more of my time for you- you guys really know how to suck me into this.I will have to give up reading these sites that stir me up about all this stuff.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You guys are the ones putting links in I just Google it, try scholarships at for instance at , kings, new, all the others etc. I found it on my phone surely you can find it on a computer, you cut and paste if you dare.

Well the links for this might help:
It also looks like the reporters lost their second round challenge when it was shown that the first reporter at the herald that through mud, didn't have all facts as shown by the more skilled reporter from the daily telegraph who first reported evidence that dodgy tales of herald may not be full story and seemed to have more believable facts in article" the truth about Scots college basketball", which was the topic that started the debate.

And you report this as fact:
That the gang of five when presented with facts left the fight because each one of them had more students on freebies and burseries than Scots or just as much, and when people looked at the web pages of the gang of 5 it was confirmed under there own scholarships pages that they provide the same system, percentages- it made interesting reading.

And the sites I have looked at dont raise any cause for concern or support the view that "the gang of 5" have something on their websites that shows they are in the same position as scots - and that's not saying they arent only that the basis for your claim appears to be lacking: http://www.sydgram.nsw.edu.au/admissions/scholarships/
http://www.kings.edu.au/enrolments/scholarships.php
http://www.joeys.org/enrolments/scholarships.cfm
http://www.shore.nsw.edu.au/enrolment/scholarships/internal-bursaries
http://www.shore.nsw.edu.au/enrolment/scholarships/scholarships-general-info
http://teams.as.edu.au/groups/enrolments/wiki/45c25/Scholarships_and_Bursary_Information.html
http://www.riverview.nsw.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=161

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-8216imports8217/story-fni0cx12-1226728910607

Rather disingenuous! Would have been more interested in the make up of only the current 1st team - say top 10 players! That would give a truer indication of what their 1st team would have been like without suspect recruits - i.e. what was the natural talent already at the school from years 7 & 8?

& yes - it makes sense to move from Barker to Scots - the benefit of playing in a program that has set out for world domination can only help the career of a talented young player. Success does attract talented players!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-8216imports8217/story-fni0cx12-1226728910607

Rather disingenuous! Would have been more interested in the make up of only the current 1st team - say top 10 players! That would give a truer indication of what their 1st team would have been like without suspect recruits - i.e. what was the natural talent already at the school from years 7 & 8?

& yes - it makes sense to move from Barker to Scots - the benefit of playing in a program that has set out for world domination can only help the career of a talented young player. Success does attract talented players!

I'm more pissed off at this:
“We actually approached Scots ourselves because we wanted Kai to be a whole person — not just a basketballer,’’ Mr Healy said.
The implication regarding Barker is pathetic and wrong to my observation over many years.
Having done a little research on the author I can see a connection with dodgyknee - not that there's anything wrong with that

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't know how my park of message wasn't separate to show I just put the Alan Jones etc bit above in - he doesn't get credit for revealing that, but there you go dodgy press of button on phone - but find that interview and put it up so everyone can hear.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don't know how my park of message wasn't separate to show I just put the Alan Jones etc bit above in - he doesn't get credit for revealing that, but there you go dodgy press of button on phone - but find that interview and put it up so everyone can hear.
Your attention to detail is such that I am left wondering "if you can post this stuff how much thought is being applied to the actual issue".
Jones' interview was posted by me 3 weeks ago - the day it happened:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...orting-scholarships.5780/page-137#post-539598

dodgyknee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Now put up the first article that drew my attention and sparked my interest to read more -interview from telegraph or herald not sure about the professional basketball player old boy, how made a comment with his name - is he in the professional kings side now? Look it up, and put it up hear. After all that I look forward to Google searches in about a month
I think someone should put up aagps website, so you can see al results . I can see why some schools have given up with less results. Think I also enjoyed the Scots 2013 ruby firsts video, great running rugby, can't say I enjoyed the newington highlights- just a comment. I love watching fantastic rugby videos.

fsrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Dodgykneee, I appreciate that you must love Scots - and that is great - but as they say 'Love is blind'

Just getting back to Lambert and his 61 likely breaches of the GPS code of conduct - whilst this is an average of (approx) 10 per year, it is probably worth noting that the break up is more likely to be something like......
Yr 7 3
Yr 8 3
Yr 9 9
Yr 10 14
Yr 11 16
Yr 12 16

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm more pissed off at this:

The implication regarding Barker is pathetic and wrong to my observation over many years.
Having done a little research on the author I can see a connection with dodgyknee - not that there's anything wrong with that

Yeah, that comment was strange.

If the kid was already excelling as a basketball player (which clearly he was), Barker offered a much better educational outcome than Scots.

It even has better parking!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah, that comment was strange.

If the kid was already excelling as a basketball player (which clearly he was), Barker offered a much better educational outcome than Scots.

It even has better parking!

And is probably closer to home.

Is it healthy for a 17 year old boy to be active from 6am to 11pm, even an "Elite"/national standard athlete?

I'm pretty sure that professional sporting franchises would not flog their cattle that much.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are we supposed to act like they apparently do at <insert condition> Anonymous meetings?

Hello Simon, tell us your story. We will not be judging you. We are here to help you.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Let us move into the hypothetical space, @dodgyknee.

Do you think Schools should offer inducements to talented athletes?

Do you believe that Principals should act in breach of a Gentleman's agreement between likeminded Principals about how games between schools should be conducted?

If one or more Schools have actively breached the Gentleman's agreement about how games between schools should be conducted, do you believe that the other Principals should just HTFU and do nothing?

Obviously there is no compulsion to provide a response, but I really would be interested in Dicky Knees answers to the above questions.

I think he may have answered the first and last questions in the affirmative.

Not sure about Dicky's view on the middle question.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hello Simon, tell us your story. We will not be judging you. We are here to help you.

I think his point was that he was outing Vindictam as a person named Simon as if it proved something remarkable.

The person who made that account isn't the same person as Vindictam.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Really?
How can you tell?
Think I'm getting out my depth technologically.

I can't tell specifically. That's just how I took the gist of that post.

I don't know why a poster with a current username that has nothing to do with their name would then decide to make an account with their own name and then tell everyone.

It seemed more like they were trying to out the person as if that proved something.