• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
They have already purchased properties in Dunalbyn and Victoria Roads and are looking to use a little bit of world domination to take over Birriga Rd as well.
This should give a nice flow across the hill with the Noreaster coming in to play well for the 1st VIII... :)
But it will be only 4 lanes wide because they care about the neighbours :) :) :)

B

Bobby Sands

"TSS is Dynamite, don't mess with Dynamite" is also the most complex war-cry in the school handbook.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They have already purchased properties in Dunalbyn and Victoria Roads and are looking to use a little bit of world domination to take over Birriga Rd as well.
This should give a nice flow across the hill with the Noreaster coming in to play well for the 1st VIII. :)
But it will be only 4 lanes wide because they care about the neighbours :) :) :)

Or just something like this:)

BR_Tour_Sept_2011_010.jpg

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I don't really have an issue with imports in years 7 through 9. They're risky investments and that's always going to be a natural constraint on that strategy.

I'd like to see schools have a maximum of 2 scholarship players that started in year 10 or later in any 1st XV.

I don't think players that turn up in year 12 should be able to play, whether they pay fees or not.

What's Scots' recent strategy supposed to have been?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>
I don't think players that turn up in year 12 should be able to play, whether they pay fees or not.

^^^ All sorted now. It was just a few irregularities, and measures have been put in place to prevent recurrence.

Re Y12 enrolments. I know of a few lads who have had genuine reasons for changing schools during or after Y11. They should not be prevented from playing school games just because of a change of personal circumstances.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
^^^ All sorted now. It was just a few irregularities, and measures have been put in place to prevent recurrence.

Re Y12 enrolments. I know of a few lads who have had genuine reasons for changing schools during or after Y11. They should not be prevented from playing school games just because of a change of personal circumstances.

I would be fine with them playing in the 2nds. Or the 5ths for that matter.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I don't really have an issue with imports in years 7 through 9. They're risky investments and that's always going to be a natural constraint on that strategy.

I'd like to see schools have a maximum of 2 scholarship players that started in year 10 or later in any 1st XV.

The Qld experience shows that once you allow scholarships it becomes open slather with little constraint - remember that the people handing out the money aren't using their own it's subsidised by others.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Tumbleweeds and crickets on this thread.....is the mulberry bush to be retired with no fanfare and no result? Will we see 6,000 posts in our life time? Will IS's post #5358 be the definitive response to this issue.....

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Tumbleweeds and crickets on this thread...is the mulberry bush to be retired with no fanfare and no result? Will we see 6,000 posts in our life time? Will IS's post #5358 be the definitive response to this issue...

in anticipation of IS's answer let me get in first........"NO!"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Azzuri,
My feeling is that debate on this topic may be dominated by correspondents north of the border in the foreseeable future.
Although there are some unaccounted for movements elsewhere.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There will be a new batch of outraged folk next season, and the merry go round will start up all over again. This is the laundry in the Hotel California - rinse and repeat.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Azzuri,
My feeling is that debate on this topic may be dominated by correspondents north of the border in the foreseeable future.
Although there are some unaccounted for movements elsewhere.

IS...I fear you are correct....From what I've seen already the Northern Hun walk among us at almost every rep carnival I've been at this year....They unashamedly peddle their wares and go about their dirty business with impunity and apparently free from the constraints of common sense or guiding principles.....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There will be a new batch of outraged folk next season, and the merry go round will start up all over again. This is the laundry in the Hotel California - rinse and repeat.

We should perhaps change the linen in this, the low season.
Mind you U16's just finished and school is only just going back: any new boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.