• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schoolboy 7s Rugby at Scots– 26 March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
This is the first time in a couple of years that Scots 7s is being held over Easter. In the past this was another reason why some GPS schools didn't attend.

I don't know if it still happens but in previous years all schools were provided jerseys (in their respective school colours) by Scots/Sponsors. Hardly surprising that the sponsors want some quid pro quo. When the jersey/sponsor dispute arose in the past, IIRC Shore was the only school that objected and they wore their normal jerseys. I am sure that option is still available.

S

sidelineview

What schools are participating in this competition next weekend?

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Any predictions for tomorrow? I think King's College will take the crown this year. Scots may not be the powerhouse this year having to dilute their talent over 3 separate teams (assuming the teams are selected to be approximately equal in ability).

Waverley College is my dark horse as they have some quick backs that can spread the ball quick.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Kings College, NZ beat beat Riverview 24 - 22 in championship final. Plate final: Lloyd McDermott 31 - Waverley College 12. Bowl final: Scots Hoops 17 - Hunter Valley 12. All results and key match reviews will be posted tomorrow

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Any predictions for tomorrow? I think King's College will take the crown this year. Scots may not be the powerhouse this year having to dilute their talent over 3 separate teams (assuming the teams are selected to be approximately equal in ability).

Waverley College is my dark horse as they have some quick backs that can spread the ball quick.

Good prediction. Waverley were very impressive. Made but lost the plate (division 2) final to Lloyd McDermott

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Riverview were the best of the Oz sides. Although was 7s not 15s, they definitely sent a big message to GPS rivals that they will be a handful in 15s comp this year. Standout: Will Terry. Had a huge game against a very powerful kiwi outfit

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Kings Parramatta were very impressive and went close against Kings Auckland in the championship semifinal. The other semi-final saw Scots go down to Riverview.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Riverview were the best of the Oz sides. Although was 7s not 15s, they definitely sent a big message to GPS rivals that they will be a handful in 15s comp this year. Standout: Will Terry. Had a huge game against a very powerful kiwi outfit

Will Terry was absolute fire. Pirina was impressive. They should probably be the GPS 1st XV centre pairing this year.

I also noticed that Will Grant (former King's student, NSW u16 2015) as well as Dominic Easy (St Pius X ex student, NSw u15 2015) made starts for the Iggies side. They look to have some depth in the backs this season.

King's School (NSW) also played some great footy today, losing in the last few minutes against King's College (NZ). Dylan Pietsch was impressive as always, as was James Lynch.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Kings Parramatta were very impressive and went close against Kings Auckland in the championship semifinal. The other semi-final saw Scots go down to Riverview.

Totally agree. Did you get any footage? Scots are going to send me some

R

Runpasstackle

Mate just told me that Riverview had 3 15 year olds playing in the final with one scoring a try. Anyone confirm??

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Team of indigenous players that have won the division 1 comp at Scots once possibly twice in last five years. They trained as a team once. One player was from Oakhill. Was sitting by coincidence next to his dad. 2 players from Riverview not sure about the rest but some from interstate too.

http://www.lloydmcdermott.com.au/
So Riverview had a team plus 2 boys playing in the Indigenous team?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.