• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia - Sunday 26 November 1:30am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Not much to say about that, Scotland deserved to win but again the ref pulled us up for everything and let them get away with things, or at best pulled them up but was too lenient. Eg a gazillion off side warnings and no card. I can’t put myself through watching it again but on several occasions in attack they were using illegal runners to take out our defense early, and it was opening up holes for them.

To me the result and kepu’s red were both symptomatic of fatigue at the end of a testing tour at the end of a testing season.

Will do my 3-2-1 then I’m doing an Izzy and taking a sabbatical from here for the summer. Laters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
What a useless tour this has been. 2 years out from a WC we needed to build depth so what does Cheika do....
Plays a world class 12 at 15 where he's average at best, at 13 who can't tackle or pass at 12.
Did we give any depth to our 9, 10, 12,13,15 positions? nope. Waste of time and awful management.

T

TOCC

That was fucken woeful, absolutely rubbish performance.. discipline was poor, structure was poor, a bloody embarrassing game for the wallabies. People will blame the red card, but that’s a reflection of the poor discipline the wallabies have displayed all year. How many cards have the wallabies received this year?

Even prior to the red card, it was a poor performance, players forcing passed which weren’t on handed over possession at least 6-8 times in the game, that shows a lack of respect or lack of discipline or a bit of both.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What a useless tour this has been. 2 years out from a WC we needed to build depth so what does Cheika do..
Plays a world class 12 at 15 where he's average at best, at 13 who can't tackle or pass at 12.
Did we give any depth to our 9, 10, 12,13,15 positions? nope. Waste of time and awful management.
Scotland reconfirmed after last weeks match against the ab’s they are one of top northern hemisphere sides with England and Ireland. Australia showed we perhaps don’t have the great depth we thought we were building or indeed the consistency of performance.

Blaming refs or whatever would just mask how underwhelming we were against a very good Scottish side. Thank goodness the tour has finished as I think we need to take stock and refocus for next year.

T

TOCC

Up until now I’ve been critical of Cheikas coaching and selections, but I always thought he was still the right person to coach the wallabies and I thought he had them improving..but I’m not to sure anymore, the current coaching team isn’t getting the best out of the players, some blokes checked out for holidays already it seems.

Last week the worst ever lost against England, this week the worst ever loss against Scotland. What a shit way to finish the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
you cant train mongrel out of players. While you want your players to demonstrate guts, mongrel comes from habits learned long ago and they come out when the going gets tough. Kepu is a great athlete, but a bit too much of a mongrel player with that shoulder charge imo.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thank the Wallabies for giving me a couple of hours back on this lovely Sunday morning, as I strangely have zero desire to watch what I recorded, and have now deleted. Now if only my Achilles tendon wasn't so bloody sore I'd go for a nice walk.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
For the wallabies it's a C for 2017. Hard to believe after beating the all blacks I would rate the year at a C

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I would say an E more realistically and Cheikas position should be under serious threat.
It’s has been a woeful tour punctuated by suspect selection, crazily poor discipline and extremely crap play.
It’s very disappointing that we were unable to consolidate on our improvement throughout the RC at a time that we really needed to continue building towards the upcoming RWC.
Time for Cheika to go and probably also for a change of captain.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I would say an E more realistically and Cheikas position should be under serious threat.
It’s has been a woeful tour punctuated by suspect selection, crazily poor discipline and extremely crap play.
It’s very disappointing that we were unable to consolidate on our improvement throughout the RC at a time that we really needed to continue building towards the upcoming RWC.
Time for Cheika to go and probably also for a change of captain.

You might well be right. But the worldwide chocolate wheel search for a coach has apparently been spun and Larkham's name came up, if reports from some months back are to be believed. So, if you're hoping for wholesale change you may be disappointed. I don't think fans would accept another "foreign " coach after Deans, so if we look at locals only, there are somewhat limited options. Unless he resigns, I imagine they would have to pay him out too, as he has another 2 years, I think. It's all a bit grim. I'm sure Kearnsie will fix it when his glorious reign begins at Moore Park. ;)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I thank the Wallabies for giving me a couple of hours back on this lovely Sunday morning, as I strangely have zero desire to watch what I recorded, and have now deleted. Now if only my Achilles tendon wasn't so bloody sore I'd go for a nice walk.
Very happy i didnt stay up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Very happy i didnt stay up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After last week I told myself I wouldn’t stay up and watch the Wallabies anymore, record it and watch it the next day, at least you can fast forward through the shit stuff. Needless to say I fast forwarded through almost the whole match this morning.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Scotland are a good side. They play to their strengths, take their chances and have improved lengths under Townsend.
We were poor.
It happens.
Foley must improve his goal kicking or hand the job on. The kick after the early second half try was middle of the field. He misses far too many of them far too often.
Nice sentiment to start Moore but the lineout was balky all night.
14/15 uptempo is not smart against a good side. Easy to be a smart arse but we needed to get in front and clock manage. Doing it for 40 mins was always a risk when the opposite side wanted to play quick from the start.
They all need a holiday. So do we.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I have to ask, after the last couple of weeks is Murrayfield turning into a great venue for tests? I thought the crowd again were amazing got right in behind the Scots, weren't afraid to give a little bit of stick to the kicker, were very sporting when Moore left the field, so well done that crowd!
Their team is rewarding them too, the Scots played bloody well, I love how they are making decisions on the field, there realy was some very good rugby played by them today.
Wallabies, afraid the scoreline wasn't too far out from how it looked, Kepu was a red card all day, he seemed to line him up and really go for his head, I thought he got away with a pretty cheap shot on the Pom winger last week, so perhaps will need to rein himself in a bit. KB (Kurtley Beale) is playing some good rugby, but just seems to take the lazy option once or twice in a game, actually though a few Wallabies needed to stay switched on for whole time they on field.
We all know Chuckles is going to stay, but I will ask one thing, that fat fella who sits next to him in the coaches' box imitating evreything he does, is he really the manager, and if so why is he not down on sideline managing players? And is he as I read a schoolmate of Chuckles?
Anyway a pretty disappointing end to season I thought.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You might well be right. But the worldwide chocolate wheel search for a coach has apparently been spun and Larkham's name came up, if reports from some months back are to be believed. So, if you're hoping for wholesale change you may be disappointed. I don't think fans would accept another "foreign " coach after Deans, so if we look at locals only, there are somewhat limited options. Unless he resigns, I imagine they would have to pay him out too, as he has another 2 years, I think. It's all a bit grim. I'm sure Kearnsie will fix it when his glorious reign begins at Moore Park. ;)

I dunno, a few more 'worst losses ever' and we'll take anyone.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
When did we go from being one of the smartest teams in world rugby to far and away the dumbest.
So much sheer stupidity - cards, poor decision making.
We’ve gone from winning games we probably should have lost to giving away a 10 point start every game with cards and dumb penalties.
Add another 10-15 points from poor defence letting in a few soft tries every game and we just don’t give ourselves a chance.
I don’t know where to start, other than the “off” button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom