• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scott Staniforth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I always thought he only played centres when he moved OS. But I'm watching the 01 Lions DVD and he played 13 for Aussie A.

Anyway.... As you were.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
I always thought he only played centres when he moved OS. But I'm watching the 01 Lions DVD and he played 13 for Aussie A.

Anyway.... As you were.

One of my favourite games. Loved it :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who wouldve been the islander number 6 for the Brumbies v the Lions? Not Fenukitau I don't think. He scored a try.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:

Anyway.... As you were.

Graeme Bond was the outside centre but swapped jerseys with Staniforth out of superstition because of his terrible run with injuries.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Noddy said:
Who wouldve been the islander number 6 for the Brumbies v the Lions? Not Fenukitau I don't think. He scored a try.

Des Tuiavii, who later joined the Waratahs, replacing Stu Pinkerton.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yeah, that's him. Played for the Pirates in Oz before heading off to the Old Dart where he joined Rotherham during their ill-fated season(s) in the old Zurich Premiership. From there I think he went to Edinburgh before disappearing. Desi was extremely fit and took great care of himself (apart from hanging around with Tucky!), his Brumbies/Tahs/Titans/Gunners career all occurred after he turned 30.

He played with another ancient Aussie at Rotherham and Edinburgh, Peter Jorgensen. Peter retired from Randwick last year aged about 37.

F

formeropenside

Noddy said:
It was Desie? Thought it might have been. Dunnings mate right?

I thought it was Byrnes that snotted Dunning at training...oh wait, Tuiavaii did as well, some years back.

Violent bunch, those Tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.