• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SF2: England v South Africa 22/10/23 @ 0800 NZDT

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bokke by 15. Soap Dodgers to try and shut any rugby play down and bore the Bokke to death and get Farrell within distance of the sticks, but the Bokke won't have any of that I think.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sorry, have no GIF's to gift to this one either...

1697502860654.png

1697502962974.png

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
There is no way we could underestimate the English. Have to be 100% switched on.
Yes, but the English aren't very good either. I would say the English now are Similar to the Wallabies from a year ago under Rennie.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Talk of rotation at prop, centres and 8. Faf to start. He gets under England's skin. I doubt they chnage the centres at all.

I suspect:
Ox, Bongi, Nyakane / Koch (but would play Nyakane against Genge - he destroyed him last year)
Etzebeth, Mostert
PsDT, Wiese, Kolisi
Faf, Libbok
de allende, Kriel
Arendse, Willemse, Kolbe

Fourie, Plum, Malherbe, Snyman, Kwagga, Duane Thor, Pollard, Reinach
6/2 split

England HAVE to play Arundel. Rumours of a fallout with Farrell. Would be ridiculous, but that's England's problem. Too much equity in Farrel. I'd stick Stewart on the other wing for the cross kicks and box kicks. he is great under high balls. Rest of Pom team same as against Fiji

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
As funny as it would be for England to keep on winning, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. That being the case, my hopes and dreams for this match are that England can just physically batter the Boks and wear them out for the final. Grind it down into a disgusting 15-6 penalty + drop goal fueled slug fest loss pls, England.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I reckon SA are going to go all the way. Their depth is insane. De Allende and Kriel v Esterhuizen and Am. Whilst England have out of place Farrell. I would do anything to have those four centres for Aus.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon SA are going to go all the way. Their depth is insane. De Allende and Kriel v Esterhuizen and Am. Whilst England have out of place Farrell. I would do anything to have those four centres for Aus.
...and Caanan Moodie who is a freak. Very lucky. We had years of struggling for centre depth.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
EJ (Eddie Jones)'s analysis at the presser was pertinent. The chaos that O'Keeffe presided over at the breakdown allowed SA to really hammer their blitz D. I'd like to see how their D structures adapt to faster ruck speed. I think the AB's win if Barnes refs the final.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yes, but the English aren't very good either. I would say the English now are Similar to the Wallabies from a year ago under Rennie.
2011 we slaughtered them 36-0 in the early rounds.

They were a disallowed try away rom beating us in the final.

Need to be on the money.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones)'s analysis at the presser was pertinent. The chaos that O'Keeffe presided over at the breakdown allowed SA to really hammer their blitz D. I'd like to see how their D structures adapt to faster ruck speed. I think the AB's win if Barnes refs the final.
Which is exactly why the Irish beat us. Their speed.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
As funny as it would be for England to keep on winning, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. That being the case, my hopes and dreams for this match are that England can just physically batter the Boks and wear them out for the final. Grind it down into a disgusting 15-6 penalty + drop goal fueled slug fest loss pls, England.
This is why part of me expect Ford to be named at 10 with Farrell at 12. Within 30 they will take a shot just like the game v Argentina.

Steward at 15 as well to take the high ball and play a steadier style.

Boks 24/15

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Based on what? A worse England team beat us in a 3 test series last year and Argentina beat us 48-17
Based on we narrowly lost a series to England. Won against South Africa and Wales and very narrowly loss Ireland and France.

If Rennie was still around we would have most likely won against Fiji and Wales, or at least one of them.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Based on we narrowly lost a series to England. Won against South Africa and Wales and very narrowly loss Ireland and France.

If Rennie was still around we would have most likely won against Fiji and Wales, or at least one of them.
We lost to Eddie Jones's England last year, which is hilarious considering you now have to talk him up in order to defend Rennie losing to England last year

Fact is, both South Africa and England were better than us last year, and better than us this year. You should be further through the stages of grief by now surely