• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Force, Sat 6th - Round 11 - Kings Park, Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah there was only about 10 knock ons a few penalties and the ref playing the ball in that phase of play but hey who cares right Rusta?

B

BLR

This must be the worst Force game this season, am I right? Bloody South African games.

M

Moono75

A bad result but plenty of first choice players out. What is apparent is the lack of skill in Australian Rugby, can't pass, can't catch and can't be physically intimidating. There just doesn't seem to be the desire to be the best. No hard nuts in the game.

B

BLR

Instead of poaching the big as buggery Afrikaans players from South Africa we need to give a crack at their lightning fast wingers. Lack of pace and invention from the Force back line has been a problem since our inception and I don't see much in the current professional stocks in Australia that will change that.

M

Moono75

Our passing is slow and loopy......our players are slow and loopy......our coach is slow and loopy.....another glass of red and I'll be slow and loopy.......sign me up!!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was woeful but to fair the Force have been steadily falling away in many areas - attack one of them - as they promised so much with the meakes, rona's and peni's early on that they might offer more in this area after years of uninspiring forwards oriented play under Foley - and injuries part and parcel of the game so cop out if use that as an excuse. Simply not good enough.

The number of errors was terrible and Brache for second week running made continual errors, turnover ball.....he is so not super rugby standard and would rather see Grant start at FB then Brache as he must be dropped.

With all the hoo haa going on with threats of Force's existence their quality of rugby ever falling away must be addressed as not doing anyone any favours as they were poor against a Sharks team that quite frankly were hardly anything amazing but they could at least do basic things like retain possession then give it away like the Force did.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
At the current rate rugby in Australia's exsistence is looking bleak.

Blaming injury is not a cop out. Our first choice back three, first two choice scrumhalves, No8, No6, arguably No4, Tight head, and arguably loosehead prop. That's the majority of the team. I can't think of another side with that much poor luck. The Rebels would be the closest.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Referee clearly ruined that game. What a stupid yellow card to Give away. The force looked in controll and competing well. It looked very hit and humid and that yellow card changed the game emensly. What should of been a close Game that the force definately could of won turned into a beating that once again the score board doesn't reflect the game. Disappointing

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Our passing is slow and loopy..our players are slow and loopy..our coach is slow and loopy...another glass of red and I'll be slow and loopy...sign me up!!
All players were on the field. It must of been very humid by the sounds of it

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That was woeful but to fair the Force have been steadily falling away in many areas - attack one of them - as they promised so much with the meakes, rona's and peni's early on that they might offer more in this area after years of uninspiring forwards oriented play under Foley - and injuries part and parcel of the game so cop out if use that as an excuse. Simply not good enough.

The number of errors was terrible and Brache for second week running made continual errors, turnover ball...he is so not super rugby standard and would rather see Grant start at FB then Brache as he must be dropped.

With all the hoo haa going on with threats of Force's existence their quality of rugby ever falling away must be addressed as not doing anyone any favours as they were poor against a Sharks team that quite frankly were hardly anything amazing but they could at least do basic things like retain possession then give it away like the Force did.
Good luck winning a game after a stupid yellow card and having to play with 14 in that weather. The rebels were much worse and have been much worse. The force have many injuries. About half the starting team.

Brache is frustrating. Terrible one minute then pulls off a great play the next. Definately more so Terrible though

B

BLR

Yellow card or no I think it wouldn't have made a difference, I think you can see week after week the team being sapped by injuries and the fact they are constantly told they may not have jobs next year. I mean, is this the ARU's plan all along?

B

BLR

Other than Stander (who is not big), who are the BIG Afrikaners?

Sorry, WHITE South Africans. Is that better? What I was trying to get at is that while we seem to import alot of that sort it seems one of the difference makers at the moment in Saffa teams with us is some of the pacey fellas on the wings and the like who are NOT of that type.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)

The number of errors was terrible and Brache for second week running made continual errors, turnover ball...he is so not super rugby standard and would rather see Grant start at FB then Brache as he must be dropped.

poor as they were,they were the only aussie side not to have 40 points puton them-how's that for spin?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
poor as they were,they were the only aussie side not to have 40 points puton them-how's that for spin?

Defence has usually never been a problem for the Force. They just can't seem to crack the attack dilemma, frustratingly.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Like the Rugby Underscore Podcast boys point out, once a few first choice players disappear for the Force we start to look like an NRC team.

I take it as a compliment considering how competitive we can be with limited talent. Players like Hodgson have imparted a soul into the club.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)

Let's keep things in perspective here - for all the Force's attacking woes, the Tahs have the same amount of losses and only one more win. And they're only two points better on the +/-. Given the state of affairs i Australian rugby, I'd say the Force are about dead average. And, given the number of "names" in the Tah's side, who is "Simply not good enough"?

Status
Not open for further replies.